Holidays!!

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote: ah slides, the analog version of jpegs...blah blah blah, when I were a lad...etc etc...see you in 1975 with a roll of 36 expo Kodachrome 25, so sharp you could cut a grannie's head off at 14ft...happy days.

So let's get this straight, so far it's tappas and then drink, followed by tappas and more drink? sounds rough, we need some Kultuure or sumfink

seafood is first class, plenty of nice cafes and restaurants, excellent transport, superb architecture (GAUDI.....)......the cathedral will surely give you some great photos.......too much to detail.......suffice to say If we could,Marci and I would go again and again.........
cheers BM, will return with questions when we've booked a flight
Im off to dig out me photos wot I will post a selection of online tomorrow...
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
seafood is first class, plenty of nice cafes and restaurants, excellent transport, superb architecture (GAUDI.....)......the cathedral will surely give you some great photos.......too much to detail.......suffice to say If we could,Marci and I would go again and again.........
cheers BM, will return with questions when we've booked a flight
Im off to dig out me photos wot I will post a selection of online tomorrow...
of course you are spoilt for choice of museums and galleries.........picasso dali gaudi......er others ..........
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:thought about Scandinavia for next years holiday, but have settled on Barcelona instead
Good choice. Love the place.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:thought about Scandinavia for next years holiday, but have settled on Barcelona instead
any recommendations Chris?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Can not afford holidays,all my spare cash is gone on TD and Jarre concerts :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Can not afford holidays,all my spare cash is gone on TD and Jarre concerts :arrow:
yeah, those Jarre gigs are very pricey, plus the cost of the travelling, hotel merchandise and visas ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Can not afford holidays,all my spare cash is gone on TD and Jarre concerts :arrow:
yeah, those Jarre gigs are very pricey, plus the cost of the travelling, hotel merchandise and visas ;)
No hotel Andy,Mr ED has sorted us there and got us complimentary tickets. Biggest lay out was the flights,and they only cost under £50 for the two....The biggest problem is the visa's to get 8 of us across the border :idea: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
any recommendations Chris?
It was a few years back now but I seem to remember really enjoying the Parc Güell (which was designed by Antoni Gaudí). We also walked all the way up Montjuic (before we found the small railway that almost runs to the top. Doh!!!) and that was very nice.

La Rambla and all the markets were pretty good but a friend of mine went there this year and said that it was full "living statues" which she found very irritating.

Obviously La Sagrada Família is just outstanding. We also went to another building designed by Gaudi but sadly I can't remember the name.

Strangely one of the most surprising places we went to was the fish market, early in the morning. An incredibly selection of fish, very colourful and beautifully presented. Smells a bit though.

Mostly though we just sat in the sun, drinking and relaxing.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just back from this years hols. Had an awesome time.

Not much TD related happened but I did get to visit The Valley Of The Kings. Spent much of the time viewing Underwater Sunlight and did see a Dolphin Dance.

Many thanks to Erika, Hanny, Davide, Andreas and the rest of the iDive team for some fabulous Scuba Scuba. Anyone who wants a great short haul dive destination I can highly recommend them. Would be an awesome place to learn to dive.

http://www.idivedivingcenter.com/about%20us.htm
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Leaving for London today. Six days in this great city, and Roger Waters in O2 Arena on Saturday! :D
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Insvims wrote:Leaving for London today. Six days in this great city, and Roger Waters in O2 Arena on Saturday! :D
Nice! You wont be dissapointed.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:Leaving for London today. Six days in this great city, and Roger Waters in O2 Arena on Saturday! :D
Hope you have fun. I like visiting London but find it overwhelming after a day or so. Used to go there a lot when I lived in the South. Not sure I could do that now. It's almost like claustrophobia.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

tdream4ever wrote:
Nice! You wont be dissapointed.
I am enjoying it very much! And Roger Waters in O2 Arena last night was out of this world! Speechless! :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

was last week in la douce France. Giverny. What a beautifull place. Can imagine why Claude Monet wanted his house to be there.
Fantastic.
har

Post by har »

Just back from a couple of days camping trip up the North East coast at beautiful Johnshaven. Peace and quiet, mega chillin' with beer and serious ipod duties 8)

At great personal risk of serious death :? I walked along the cliff path at Dunottar castle to get these photos for ye ........................

Image Image

Moby photos do not do it justice, but this place is really something special, check it out if you ever get the chance.

PS Sorry for having to post photaes, but had to inform you of Dunottar :wink: