Beer

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

batman wrote:Boys,
One question: Beer or Wine :?:
And why......
It's a question of "horses for courses" Theo, as I enjoy both depending on the mood/occasion. Generally speaking, I prefer a beer. It's more refreshing and from a social point of view a better drink for the pub.

I do enjoy a glass of wine (or two) whilst watching tv in the evenings and it's a far better option than beer, with a meal. I only drink red though and have a preference for those with a kick and a peppery aftertaste (eg South African Pinotage or Argentinian Malbec).
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I am partial to a few glasses of RED wine,but if i had to take a choice i would go for a good strong beer :D :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I concur! I like both, but on different occasions. Wine normally with a meal, or perhaps at home with a couple of friends.
Beer, almost always when in the pub, and more occasionally at home.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

batman wrote:Boys,
One question: Beer or Wine :?:
And why......
Depends on the circumstances. If I'm having a nice meal with friends then it's usually wine but if I'm down the pub with the lads there's no way I'm going to stand there with a nice small glass of red wine.

I have to say that mostly I drink red wine but occasionally I do have a bottle or two of white German wine which is very nice. I'm not talking about the slop that the German's send to us as Leibfraumilch or Hock but the nice stuff. A good Gold Prize winning Auslese or Spatlese usually does the trick.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Off out tonight for a few pints of Badger and Tanglefoot!
batman

Post by batman »

Hobo wrote:Off out tonight for a few pints of Badger and Tanglefoot!
Yoy are very very lucky Mick :)
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

batman wrote:
In the end, I stuck with the Badger and very nice it was too! It was a leaving do for the Landlord of our local. I'll still see him occasionally though, as his new pub is only 100m from my father-in-law's house in Dorset :!: 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
batman wrote:
In the end, I stuck with the Badger and very nice it was too! It was a leaving do for the Landlord of our local. I'll still see him occasionally though, as his new pub is only 100m from my father-in-law's house in Dorset :!: 8)
Nothing to say about that except COOL. 8)
Any pub in Dorset has got to be great.
24db

Post by 24db »

I once had a strange brew in pub in Devon or Somerset called 'Engine Oil', and strangley enough it wasn't as unpleasant as it sounded :)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
batman wrote: Yoy are very very lucky Mick :)
Nothing to say about that except COOL. 8)
Any pub in Dorset has got to be great.
It is a great pub. Excellent food and a skittle alley as well. It is however somewhat freaky that he's chosen this particular pub to move to. I probably visit the one in Bridport, more than the one in Horley!

As an aside, one of the guys at work took his 2006 Summer hols, the same week as me. I discovered he too was staying in Bridport as his Grandmother lives there. All roads lead to Dorset!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:I once had a strange brew in pub in Devon or Somerset called 'Engine Oil', and strangley enough it wasn't as unpleasant as it sounded :)
I had a pint of something called Old Engine Oil in a local pub near here recently, that was very nice and looked not unlike old engine oil.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:I once had a strange brew in pub in Devon or Somerset called 'Engine Oil', and strangley enough it wasn't as unpleasant as it sounded :)
I had a pint of something called Old Engine Oil in a local pub near here recently, that was very nice and looked not unlike old engine oil.
who knows, it might have been the same pub :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
According to my wife it was The Swan at Nibley (near Yate). They do a good pint but the food is terrible. The father-in-law insist on going there because it's cheap. We actually have to pass three good pubs to get there. He can be a bit of a nonce at times. :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I had a pint of something called Old Engine Oil in a local pub near here recently, that was very nice and looked not unlike old engine oil.
According to my wife it was The Swan at Nibley (near Yate). They do a good pint but the food is terrible. The father-in-law insist on going there because it's cheap. We actually have to pass three good pubs to get there. He can be a bit of a nonce at times. :roll:
Nibley? Yate? you're making these names up! ;)....nah I haven't been in that neck of the woods (I think). Nearest I got was Bathampton outside Bath
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Nibley? Yate? you're making these names up! ;)....nah I haven't been in that neck of the woods (I think). Nearest I got was Bathampton outside Bath
Yate is one of these places you only go to if you have to. :wink:

It used to be the largest housing estate in Europe, not sure if it still is. One of the students at work recently told me that she comes from Yate and, with out thinking, I said "I'm sorry to hear that".

There used to be a great pub in Bathampton called the Viking. It did fantastic food, huge steaks and the like, it was supposed to be the sort of food a Viking might have eaten. Did the Vikings eat large quantities of chocolate gateaux? I'm not so sure. Not been there in some time sadly.