TICKETS AVAILABLE - ROYAL ALBERT HALL LONDON

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

tdream4ever wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:was wondering if anyone here can take photos and post them here of the gig for those like myself who will not be able to make it? I am sure many photos will be posted or taken, but was just making a request for all the great fellars here! :wink:
You can bet there will be plenty available camera ban or not :wink: :arrow:
Hey TD74, I think you will see plenty of pictures and vids from the upcoming shows. At the UCLA gig, I brought 2 cameras in (SLR and a digital). They did not say anything walking into the venue. But while taking pictures/vids of the show an usher came up twice to me and told me no pictures. But I kept snappin away. A couple of weeks ago at the Allman Bro Band, the usher was all over me on taking pictures. But when Tom Petty came out as a special guest I again snapped away. I guess it all depends on where you sit and who the ushers are. Check out some of my vids and slideshow-pics over on youtube. The other mates have theres up too. Fantastic vids!

i think the use of camera's at gigs is more down to the indivdual perfromer rather than the venue ! and if past TD gigs are anything to go by - it is highly encouraged to bring them - without the use of flash that is 8)
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

timer wrote:

i think the use of camera's at gigs is more down to the indivdual perfromer rather than the venue ! and if past TD gigs are anything to go by - it is highly encouraged to bring them - without the use of flash that is 8)
If what you say is true about camera's being allowed and up to the performer, I thank TD for allowing this. Another reason this group is spectacular is because they inspire fans and allows them to feel like a true fan such as clicking photos and filming vids, as long as they are not bootlegged without TD's permission. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

tadreamer74 wrote:
timer wrote:

If what you say is true about camera's being allowed and up to the performer, I thank TD for allowing this. Another reason this group is spectacular is because they inspire fans and allows them to feel like a true fan such as clicking photos and filming vids, as long as they are not bootlegged without TD's permission. :D
TD don't allow videoing at their gigs mate
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

24db wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:
timer wrote:

They don't allow it, but you can if you want, as long as you don't get caught! I have seen many vids on Youtube. :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:
timer wrote:

If you got a camera that takes video i cant see EF running off stage to smash your Equipment. There are hordes of recent TD clips on you tube and you can bet your bottom dollar there will be many more,permitted by band or not.

Goodnight :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote: If what you say is true about camera's being allowed and up to the performer, I thank TD for allowing this. Another reason this group is spectacular is because they inspire fans and allows them to feel like a true fan such as clicking photos and filming vids, as long as they are not bootlegged without TD's permission. :D
If you got a camera that takes video i cant see EF running off stage to smash your Equipment. There are hordes of recent TD clips on you tube and you can bet your bottom dollar there will be many more,permitted by band or not.

why did he smash my camera last time then? ;) I'm only repeating TD's policy
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote: If what you say is true about camera's being allowed and up to the performer, I thank TD for allowing this. Another reason this group is spectacular is because they inspire fans and allows them to feel like a true fan such as clicking photos and filming vids, as long as they are not bootlegged without TD's permission. :D

My point exactly. I don't think they give a rats arse!! Everyone there is having a great time, and I can't see the band worrying about fans enjoying themselves, even if they have cameras rolling 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Andy,you repeat that policy time after time before every gig mate and it makes not a tiny bit of difference. If TD dont want filming i am sure it is up to them to announce it and make sure the stewards implement that ruling,even then it is nigh on impossible with todays small but highly effective technology.
I and everyone else know the rule but most people including you and i have risked the wrath on more than one occasion,that is honesty and fact.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

24db wrote:
why did he smash my camera last time then? ;) I'm only repeating TD's policy
Must have had a crappy camera which had a bright flash blinding his eyes!!! (just kidding mate). I respect TD's policy, but temptation always is there! :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Andy,you repeat that policy time after time before every gig mate and it makes not a tiny bit of difference. If TD dont want filming i am sure it is up to them to announce it and make sure the stewards implement that ruling,even then it is nigh on impossible with todays small but highly effective technology.
I and everyone else know the rule but most people including you and i have risked the wrath on more than one occasion,that is honesty and fact.
well sorry if it's annoying mate

Btw I was stopped at the recent Harmonia gig...so if they want to stop you...they will
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

epsilon75 wrote:Andy,you repeat that policy time after time before every gig mate and it makes not a tiny bit of difference. If TD dont want filming i am sure it is up to them to announce it and make sure the stewards implement that ruling,even then it is nigh on impossible with todays small but highly effective technology.
If I was attending the gig, you can bet your arse I would be taking pics. I would look like a fool if I wasn't! :lol:
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Wait, did I say taking pics or "looking like I am taking pics, but actually taping"? Don't think anyone would know the difference except those around you doing the same thing :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
well sorry if it's annoying mate

Btw I was stopped at the recent Harmonia gig...so if they want to stop you...they will
If i or anyone is stopped then that is down to the foolish risks the individual/s have taken. This has gone on for quite a few years now and im sure 99% of adults who attend these concerts are fully aware of the risks involved.

I have yet to come across any mass publication of any TD concert DVD recording on the bootleg market,you get a few minute clips here and there and photos uploaded to sites.

Eastgate have eradicated the need for these morsals with the excellent concert DVDs they have released.
At the end of the day it is down to individual choice,if the adult concert go'er wants to risk his camera equipment then he pays the penalty,it is not as if we are talking to schoolboys.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I'd like to take my SLR to the gig, but will not be risking it. Whilst TD are tolerant of fan photography, most UK venues frown upon it and some have a policy of removing patrons in violation of their policy.

I'd like to enjoy this gig without fear of reprisals, but I appreciate it's individual choice and I enjoy looking at all the fan pics.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

@all
Recording video and taking pictuers during a concert.

In my opinion next matters.
1st. - The performer, artist makes, defines the rules. If an artist once gives permission for taking pictures, it is hard for the fans when suddenly permission is not allowed anymore. So once given permission, always permission I think.
ie. TD allowed taking pictures in Frankfurt, Alte Oper concert with one request, don't flash.
Besdes, Edgar viewed a short video on my small compact camera (not the 20x zoom, I own it now for a month) after the London Eye concert. And nothing said about not allowing shooting short video's.

Jean Michel Jarre encourages taking pictures during his concerts :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhO7ZFxMEN8

2nd. - During concerts security has obviously an own policy. SLR camera's were not allowed at the JMJ concert last week in Amsterdam.
I don't know if the performer, artist gives instruction to security, but I think it's hard to believe they don't.

My camera was inspected by security and allowed. It has a 20x optical zoom. And I can make video's of max 1 hr with the camera. (which I don't make of a concert, how can I enjoy the concert !!! Only short shots of around max 1 minute per song)

In case of TD it's better to stay at home and buy the DVD of the concert. Is much cheaper as making your own video (count ticket, travel, hotel cost together, result, very expensive video) and you can watch the performance from different points of view.

see : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 875F17E596

Where to draw the line for digital camera's ?
Compact digital camera's : allowed
SLR camera's : not allowed ? ( In common the quality of pictures is much better as with compact camera's)
Video camera's : There are compact camera's which can make movies and there are compact video camera's which can make pictures.
So that's a difficult one.
Video recording on tape, harddisk : not allowed ?

When visiting a concert it should be (made) possible to make pictures and shooting short video's for your own memory of a concert.

There are always people who want to make money with taken pictures, video's during a concert. But that's a minority ( I think)
That's also the fact with ticket selling. Ticket resellers sell tickets for a much higher price as tickets sold direct at the ticketoffice of the theatre, music hall !!!!

If you are a real fan you don't want to harm your favorite artist, performer. Otherwise production of music will stop, and who has a benifit when this happens ??

grtz, Peter

PS, below my Zetgeist counter ( in days).