3 O' Clock High

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Ive never seen the film but will give it a go if i get the opportunity :arrow:
Mate, Ive got an original VHS cassette of this somewhere - it now has your name on it ! 8)
Thanks mate 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

billythefish wrote:I've not seen the film - it's never struck me as one worth looking out for... although I'm always interested to see how the music fits the images.

The LP is a very mixed affair IMHO - with some stand-out moments, but many poor ones. I would love for TD to have mixed this up into a proper release in the same way the did with Sorcerer, Thief, Flashpoint etc.

BTW - the worst TD-scored film I've seen is 'Strange Behaviour'. It's very hard for me to imagine how anything could be worse than this one!
The music is barely audible over the noise of the movie. Terrible waste of TD's efforts.
JD

Post by JD »

rattymouse wrote:
billythefish wrote:I've not seen the film - it's never struck me as one worth looking out for... although I'm always interested to see how the music fits the images.

The LP is a very mixed affair IMHO - with some stand-out moments, but many poor ones. I would love for TD to have mixed this up into a proper release in the same way the did with Sorcerer, Thief, Flashpoint etc.

BTW - the worst TD-scored film I've seen is 'Strange Behaviour'. It's very hard for me to imagine how anything could be worse than this one!
The music is barely audible over the noise of the movie. Terrible waste of TD's efforts.
I think we get your point.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

JD wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

JD, my favourite TD album is Force Majeure. :P :P
JD

Post by JD »

Pertou wrote:
JD wrote:
rattymouse wrote: The music is barely audible over the noise of the movie. Terrible waste of TD's efforts.
its my 2nd ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

JD wrote:
Pertou wrote:
JD wrote: I think we get your point.
its my 2nd ;)
After 3' O Clock High :twisted:
JD

Post by JD »

Pertou wrote:
JD wrote:
Pertou wrote: JD, my favourite TD album is Force Majeure. :P :P
its my 2nd ;)
After 3' O Clock High :twisted:
of course :)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I have seen the Film in I have the Soundtrack. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I quite like the 3 o'clock high OST. It's not one of my favourites, though. I've never seen the movie and have plans to. Echoing previous posts, the tracks are too short. I like Sylvester Levay's compositions, but prefer his work on airwolf.

I used the 3 o'clock high soundtrack whilst composing the premise for a story called Point of No Return, set in 1984. It's about a woman who works for the Smithsonian Museum in Washington. Unknown to her, the musuem holds a choronal artifact (time travel relic to you and I) that is about to be stolen. She's killed. Cue: flashback, the hero arrives 3 days before, in a nightclub with no memory of why he is there. In his pocket is a newspaper article relating the woman's death. He figures he's there to save her. They meet, she finds the article, trouble ensues. It's a bit terminator I know, but fits in with other stories in a long running series.

The soundtrack perfectly fits scenes, and the mood of the time.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Tried watching the film today. Fell asleep after 20 minutes. Listened to the soundtrack cd when I woke up*. Both times I got very annoyed by the rock band tracks. Especially "something to remember me by" which seems to be running constantly for first 7-10 minutes :x

I couldn't trace any "plot" whatsoever without subtitles. What I saw is the worst movie TD scored. Miracle Mile, with that provoking main character and his ugly girlfriend, looks like Rubycon in comparision.
I still have to go through the remaining 70 minutes, so I could post anything that would Rattymouse shout "Brutal!" (only RM saying "Brutal!" would be worth watching the movie)

The TD and Sylvester Levay are just acceptable, because the work nicely together, I can't really tell the difference

* You get a more pleasant sleep watching Dante's Inferno. Can't remember me watching it from beginning to end
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Pertou wrote:Tried watching the film today. Fell asleep after 20 minutes. Listened to the soundtrack cd when I woke up*. Both times I got very annoyed by the rock band tracks. Especially "something to remember me by" which seems to be running constantly for first 7-10 minutes :x

I couldn't trace any "plot" whatsoever without subtitles. What I saw is the worst movie TD scored. Miracle Mile, with that provoking main character and his ugly girlfriend, looks like Rubycon in comparision.
I still have to go through the remaining 70 minutes, so I could post anything that would Rattymouse shout "Brutal!" (only RM saying "Brutal!" would be worth watching the movie)

The TD and Sylvester Levay are just acceptable, because the work nicely together, I can't really tell the difference

* You get a more pleasant sleep watching Dante's Inferno. Can't remember me watching it from beginning to end
I tried to warn everyone. That movie just blew chunks. Terrible, disgusting film. Did TD even read the script before they wasted a note on it???
razor

Post by razor »

This is a real gem of a soundtrack IMO! After Firestarter this soundtrack is the 2:nd best of them all from TD's library! But, as others mentioned, many tracks are too short which is a pitty though :(

Thumbs up for this one! :)
Seeker_UK

Post by Seeker_UK »

rattymouse wrote:I tried to warn everyone. That movie just blew chunks. Terrible, disgusting film. Did TD even read the script before they wasted a note on it???
No, there was no mention on the original pay cheque of the lack of quality in that film . :wink:
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
JD

Post by JD »

Seeker_UK wrote:
rattymouse wrote:I tried to warn everyone. That movie just blew chunks. Terrible, disgusting film. Did TD even read the script before they wasted a note on it???
No, there was no mention on the original pay cheque of the lack of quality in that film . :wink:
or the subsequent royalty cheques ! after looking through the selection of other films TD have scored on the youtube link posted in the Red Heat thread ..then this film isnt the worst by a long way.
hansx

Post by hansx »

rattymouse wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Never had the 'pleasure' of watching this film but the soundtrack has one or two nice, but very brief, moments. It's not something I would recommend anybody getting, it's certainly not a 'must have'. Once again it's one of those soundtracks that could have done with some development work before being released.
I think its worth snapping up for its rarity,but as Chris said the actual songs are all to brief. I honestly dont think TD had a say in some of these soundtrack releases,they could have been formed but better :arrow:
One wonders if TD had any criteria at all in accepting soundtrack work other than the promise of a nice payout. This movie just blew chunks big time. If TD spent one hour working on music for this movie it was one hour too many. A total waste of their time.
Must be the money, the movie was very very very bad. And the soundtrack? Hmm, wasn't too good either and not complete TD.