Chris Franke - The London Concert

Sfearical Sequence
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Hobo wrote:
prophetfive wrote: Surely soundtracks don't pay that well!
I believe they are quite lucrative, even with direct to DVD movies. It surely pays the bills.
Also, the thing is with soundtracks is that they are commissioned, which means the composer gets a fee, so some money is guaranteed. No need to worry whether the soundtrack album sells.
24db

Post by 24db »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
Hobo wrote:
prophetfive wrote: Surely soundtracks don't pay that well!
I believe they are quite lucrative, even with direct to DVD movies. It surely pays the bills.
Also, the thing is with soundtracks is that they are commissioned, which means the composer gets a fee, so some money is guaranteed. No need to worry whether the soundtrack album sells.
Chris said one of the reasons why Hollywood would use somebody like him (as in an Ex-TD member) is that they know they can recoup some of the costs of the soundtrack, by releasing the CD. So (perhaps) they've given up to some extent in releasing his scores?
Super_Bri

Post by Super_Bri »

Pertou wrote:My version says that Mountain Heights and Private Diaries are bonus tracks.
I'm new to the Forum so have come into this late - my version says nothing about bonus tracks. My copy does not have Private Diaries and the last track is Dolphin Dance. The first five tracks are titled Circular Signs Suite with Mountain Heights & Dolphin Dance as tracks 6 & 7.
24db

Post by 24db »

Super_Bri wrote:
Pertou wrote:My version says that Mountain Heights and Private Diaries are bonus tracks.
I'm new to the Forum so have come into this late - my version says nothing about bonus tracks. My copy does not have Private Diaries and the last track is Dolphin Dance. The first five tracks are titled Circular Signs Suite with Mountain Heights & Dolphin Dance as tracks 6 & 7.
sounds like you have the european version, from memory it's the US issue that has the extra tracks
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Super_Bri wrote:
sounds like you have the european version, from memory it's the US issue that has the extra tracks

And i think you are correct :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Super_Bri

Post by Super_Bri »

Thanks for that guys. Just had a look at the label - Made in Germany.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

I got my copy direct from Franke's company, Sonic Images, and it's got both Dolphin Dance and Private Diaries listed as bonus tracks. Usually, it's the European pressings that offer extra tracks -- or at least, that's been my experience.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Super_Bri wrote:
B*ll*cks. Guess which version I have? Now I'm going to have to hunt around for the US version. :evil: Best thing CF has done since leaving TD IMO.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I may be courting controversy but as he done anything of note since he left TD :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:I may be courting controversy but as he done anything of note since he left TD :shock:
it's debatable. Very Talented guy though, perhaps I should just say that his 'current' direction doesn't interest me, especially as I have a private interview with him where he said he was going to loads of different things...and then promptly didn't (that was in 1992, so he's had 15 years to think about it)
Last edited by 24db on Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:I may be courting controversy but as he done anything of note since he left TD :shock:
it's debatable. Very Talented guy though, perhaps I should just say that his 'current' direction doesn't interest me, especially as I have a private interview with him where he said he was going to loads of different things...and then promptly didn't (that was in 1992, so he's had 15 years to think about it)
Maybe he is building up to a re-union with EF :shock: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Sadly due to global warming hell won't be freezing over ;)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
More chance of plaiting fog :roll:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Well I liked some of the stuff he did for Babylon 5 but not many others do. It's a bit of a departure from the stuff he produced with TD so I'm not at all surprised.
hansx

Post by hansx »

I listened to this one yesterday evening. Don't have the video of it still. have to search for it once. Should be a thrill to watch it. Still a shame that Cristopher doesn't play like this anymore. :(