What got you into TD?

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

Peter Beasley wrote: nor for some inexplicable reason did I attend any of TDs UK debut shows that year.
I didn't get to see TD until 1980 so totally missed out on all the Baumann years shows. I actually had the chance but turned it down. You can imagine how stupid I feel now. :roll:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Chris Monk wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote: nor for some inexplicable reason did I attend any of TDs UK debut shows that year.
I didn't get to see TD until 1980 so totally missed out on all the Baumann years shows. I actually had the chance but turned it down. You can imagine how stupid I feel now. :roll:
You can imagine how I feel. I saw TD for the first time in 2005 :lol: 22 years after my formative listening sessions. :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

wayfarer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
You can imagine how I feel. I saw TD for the first time in 2005 :lol: 22 years after my formative listening sessions. :shock:
shocking! ;)
hansx

Post by hansx »

wayfarer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
For me it also took about 20 years. :D
razor

Post by razor »

The film 'Firestarter' got me hooked on TD in a flash! :)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
timer

Post by timer »

razor wrote:The film 'Firestarter' got me hooked on TD in a flash! :)
Shouldn't that be 'Flashpoint' ? :wink:
razor

Post by razor »

timer wrote:
razor wrote:The film 'Firestarter' got me hooked on TD in a flash! :)
Shouldn't that be 'Flashpoint' ? :wink:
Well, it "could" be :D
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

FORCE MAJEURE
December 31, 2007
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

What got you into TD?

The music, around 1979 : Album Cyclone

grtz, Peter
Jon

Post by Jon »

Late May 1991, a friend of mine played the tune "Le Parc"... 8)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

A guy at High School mentioned TD to me about 1977 which was the first time I heard the name. In 82 or 83 a mates brother heard I liked Jarre so he let me hear a bit of White Eagle. I didn't think much of it then. In 84 I was browsing in the local record store when I noticed the double LP ''Poland''...there was nothing else I fancied so I bought it. I listened to it a few times then decided it was OK but not that great. I met a new mate while in Hospital and he invited me to his flat. He let me hear Phaedra, Rubycon, side two of Cyclone and Ricochet on a really good system. I went home after buying Encore from him. Never looked back since that day. Underwater Sunlight was the real enlightenment and from that album TD became my fave band and Klaus Schulze my fave solo.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Can`t remember to be honest, I think it was the Risky Business movie which really got my attention. I love the feel of that movie and how the music is used. It really stops the movie from being an average 80s teen flick to being one of the best comedy movies of the 80s INMHO.

Music can really leave deep impacts when watching movies. Platoon is another movie where the music really made it stand out from other war movies of the 80s
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:He copied his Td albums on to tape for me and took me to the Rainbow Theatre 1974 to see TD live.
Daz...two words....Lucky and Sod ;)

TD's first date on their UK 1974 tour (although not their first UK dates that year)

26.10.74 Rainbow Theatre (Finsbury Park), London, England. 7.30PM Presented by Virgin Concerts Limited. Tickets £1.70 available from London Theatre Bookings, 96 Shaftesbury Avenue, W1 (saturday)

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:He copied his Td albums on to tape for me and took me to the Rainbow Theatre 1974 to see TD live.

TD's first date on their UK 1974 tour (although not their first UK dates that year)

26.10.74 Rainbow Theatre (Finsbury Park), London, England. 7.30PM Presented by Virgin Concerts Limited. Tickets £1.70 available from London Theatre Bookings, 96 Shaftesbury Avenue, W1 (saturday)

Wow TD used to have support bands 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

24db wrote:

Wow TD used to have support bands 8)
Nah...don't think so. In fact TD have only had a support artist on a handful of occassions.

Shame Daz didn't get an invitation after the gig (here's the actual wording):

You are cordially invited to a RECEPTION in recognition of that auspicious occasion, namely. TANGERINE DREAM’S FIRST RAINBOW CONCERT

at London’s wonderful Rainbow Theatre of the same name

FEATURING
. FOUR Gigantic Barrel’s of Theakston’s Old Peculier Ale
. VERY Copious Quantities Of High Quality Italian Plonk
. A BEVY Of Beautiful Young Ladies
. Numerous Very Interesting Weirdos And Skilled Conversationalists
. LOTS Of other Things Too Divers And Recherche To Mention

AT THE RAINBOW THEATRE'S PURPLE ROOM DIRECTLY AFTER THE CONCERT