Weird facts about TD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Taximan431 wrote:There was once a gig where Edgar, Johannes & Chris dressed up in Mozart clothing can anyone remember when this gig was & if they where @ this gig.....I always wondered about this one...

:) 8) :arrow: :!: Greeting from Geoff on Pismo Beach central coast California
Hi Geoff

Actually it was much earlier, it was Chris, Peter and Edgar it was for the German Doc Schwibsche (etc etc....you don't expect me to spell it from memory do you?) broadcast in 1976

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/search?q=signale
Yep. Seen a few photos of that. What was all that about then?
it was the 70's man!....no seriously I guess they're making a comparision about the old and new technology....plus it might be a pastiche of the Wendy Carlos album :)

or did you mean the whole Doc?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: Hi Geoff

Actually it was much earlier, it was Chris, Peter and Edgar it was for the German Doc Schwibsche (etc etc....you don't expect me to spell it from memory do you?) broadcast in 1976

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/search?q=signale
Yep. Seen a few photos of that. What was all that about then?
it was the 70's man!....no seriously I guess they're making a comparision about the old and new technology....plus it might be a pastiche of the Wendy Carlos album :)

No. Just the dressing up bit. I was fearful that it was a 'TD does the classics moment'. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Yep. Seen a few photos of that. What was all that about then?

No. Just the dressing up bit. I was fearful that it was a 'TD does the classics moment'. :wink:
As if ;)....besides that's been delayed :D....if I spoke German (and I should) then perhaps I'd know if it's explained during the programme
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Yep. Seen a few photos of that. What was all that about then?

whatever happened to that album? it was planned for 1999
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

24db wrote:After TD's gig at the Olympia Audio Fair in 1975, TD were presented with a cake by the journalist Karl Dallas, as a laugh Peter Baumann squashed this on top of his head whilst he chatted to Edgar....we'll it must have made sense at the time ;)

Ahh! I can see Mr Franke having a little giggle at Mr Dallas' expense at the back of the shot there.

Experemental Synth players:one Toadying Critics: nil
:D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

24db wrote:Anyway....back to the weird stuff...

In 1981 TD played a gig in Aachen (in Germany), they played their mainset...walked off, and then returned for the encores dressed in Gorilla suits (Chris Franke having his mask , as rumour has it, on upside-down).

The Gorillaz first gig perhaps?
Perhaps the Tangs were taking the michael out of their fellow German Synth Rivals Kraftwerk who always went on stage all wearing the same smart suits!!

The Tangs dressed as gorillas' I've gotta see.

:D :D :D :D :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Post by 24db »

Froesesque wrote:
24db wrote:Anyway....back to the weird stuff...

In 1981 TD played a gig in Aachen (in Germany), they played their mainset...walked off, and then returned for the encores dressed in Gorilla suits (Chris Franke having his mask , as rumour has it, on upside-down).

The Gorillaz first gig perhaps?
Perhaps the Tangs were taking the michael out of their fellow German Synth Rivals Kraftwerk who always went on stage all wearing the same smart suits!!

The Tangs dressed as gorillas' I've gotta see.

:D :D :D :D :D
yet another gig, where fans should have been able to take photos...it's woeful the amount that are in the public domain
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

And we will no doubt get the heavy treatment from the Astoria door Gorillas too :roll: :roll: :x
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:And we will no doubt get the heavy treatment from the Astoria door Gorillas too :roll: :roll: :x
I can't remember now, but did they search people last time?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:And we will no doubt get the heavy treatment from the Astoria door Gorillas too :roll: :roll: :x
They rifled my pockets and nicked my camera :x i was not amused but i got it back after the concert :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
They rifled my pockets and nicked my camera :x i was not amused but i got it back after the concert :arrow:
bloody hell!...news to me mate...and yet downstairs lit up like a Christmas tree when TD started (including a few people with SLRs and Long Lenses)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: I can't remember now, but did they search people last time?
bloody hell!...news to me mate...and yet downstairs lit up like a Christmas tree when TD started (including a few people with SLRs and Long Lenses)
I know ive seen the photos many times :x my fault for having the bloody camera in view of gorillas :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: They rifled my pockets and nicked my camera :x i was not amused but i got it back after the concert :arrow:
I know ive seen the photos many times :x my fault for having the bloody camera in view of gorillas :arrow:
Pants cam it is then?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I will be taking two camera's whatever happens.......they are only Olympus digital ones containing 512mb cards,but they serve me well especially with pre concert get together's.
If they spot em,not a lot i can do but they wont be keeping them i can assure you :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:I will be taking two camera's whatever happens.......they are only Olympus digital ones containing 512mb cards,but they serve me well especially with pre concert get together's.
If they spot em,not a lot i can do but they wont be keeping them i can assure you :arrow:
If the worst happens, make sure you get a receipt :wink: and keep the cards just in case you lose your pre gig shots.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese