Springtime in Nagasaki

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Couldn't give a monkey's for who or why this CD was recorded, it'll stand or fall on it's musical merit alone. Fan's theories, although valid for them are just that...theories,
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Neither could i give a monkeys chuff :arrow: Its the music that matters to me not poli :arrow: tics
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Neither could i give a monkeys chuff :arrow: Its the music that matters to me not poli :arrow: tics
Talking of which, my copy of MFD turned up yesterday, cheers voiceprint!...sadly it was 20 minutes too late and therefore I can't hear it until monday afternoon...cheers Voiceprint! :(
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Neither could i give a monkeys chuff :arrow: Its the music that matters to me not poli :arrow: tics
Talking of which, my copy of MFD turned up yesterday, cheers voiceprint!...sadly it was 20 minutes too late and therefore I can't hear it until monday afternoon...cheers Voiceprint! :(
Dreadful service they have provided :arrow: I will be steering clear,but everyone to their own
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Dreadful service they have provided :arrow: I will be steering clear,but everyone to their own
Couldn't agree more about Voiceprint Colin, but let's not forget Eastgate were last to the table with their announcement. Pretty poor in my book and they have lost valuable sales because of it!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Couldn't give a monkey's for who or why this CD was recorded, it'll stand or fall on it's musical merit alone. Fan's theories, although valid for them are just that...theories,
Yep. My criteria for musical merit has always been the same......the time the CD stays in my CD player .......or on the record player, back in the good old days.
tangram80

Post by tangram80 »

I am more curious about how much money the Japanese co. need to pay TD in order to do such compositions...this is not a Sony project (1998) or movie scoring for commercial purpose it seems.
"Without music, life would be a mistake" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

tangram80 wrote:I am more curious about how much money the Japanese co. need to pay TD in order to do such compositions...this is not a Sony project (1998) or movie scoring for commercial purpose it seems.
I guess we'll never know the answer to that.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

As much as I'm looking forward to this series of discs..I just hope it's not something TD threw together. There are a few other recordings that give that impression. For instance Hollywood Years 1 & 2. Or Mota Atma.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:As much as I'm looking forward to this series of discs..I just hope it's not something TD threw together. There are a few other recordings that give that impression. For instance Hollywood Years 1 & 2. Or Mota Atma.
Personally I didn't like Mota Atma, but I've never got the impression that TD threw music together on any record. If time was a factor, then the short recording times would be the worst records, however records like Zeit and Rubycon where both done very quickly (10 days and 2 weeks) :)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:As much as I'm looking forward to this series of discs..I just hope it's not something TD threw together. There are a few other recordings that give that impression. For instance Hollywood Years 1 & 2. Or Mota Atma.
Personally I didn't like Mota Atma, but I've never got the impression that TD threw music together on any record. If time was a factor, then the short recording times would be the worst records, however records like Zeit and Rubycon where both done very quickly (10 days and 2 weeks) :)
I've tried to like Mota Atma but can't get into it at all. It has a few good moments but thats it IMO. Things have changed since the 70's though. I just bought ELO's Out of the Blue on remaster. Jeff Lynne said they done it in 3 weeks and nowadays to make a double LP can take 2 years.

Having said that..Black Sabbath's & Led Zeppelins first records were done in about a day and theyre timeless albums IMO.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:
24db wrote:
I've tried to like Mota Atma but can't get into it at all. It has a few good moments but thats it IMO. Things have changed since the 70's though. I just bought ELO's Out of the Blue on remaster. Jeff Lynne said they done it in 3 weeks and nowadays to make a double LP can take 2 years.

Having said that..Black Sabbath's & Led Zeppelins first records were done in about a day and theyre timeless albums IMO.

Oh yes John i must agree on the BS LZ subject,two incredible first albums 8)
hansx

Post by hansx »

rotwang wrote:I must say that I like the instrumental tracks on Metaphor and hope that this new series from TD follows that format in sound and tone, but I am rather disenchanted with the vocals. They're not bad, just not my cup o' tea. But I agree with some earlier posts about TD's return to the long-track format. I am giddy with anticipation. I just hope I can get the Nagasaki discs via snail mail here in the States, perhaps from Ricochet Dream. Call me a Luddite, but I still don't quite trust the Internet with my credit cards.
But I guess the Nagasaki things are a bit different from Methaphor. I presume it is different time in which it is recorded. It is made a few years ago, isn't it?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

hansx wrote:
rotwang wrote:I must say that I like the instrumental tracks on Metaphor and hope that this new series from TD follows that format in sound and tone, but I am rather disenchanted with the vocals. They're not bad, just not my cup o' tea. But I agree with some earlier posts about TD's return to the long-track format. I am giddy with anticipation. I just hope I can get the Nagasaki discs via snail mail here in the States, perhaps from Ricochet Dream. Call me a Luddite, but I still don't quite trust the Internet with my credit cards.
But I guess the Nagasaki things are a bit different from Methaphor. I presume it is different time in which it is recorded. It is made a few years ago, isn't it?
I had not thought of that Hans :arrow: will be interesting to see the line-up on these discs :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
I had not thought of that Hans :arrow: will be interesting to see the line-up on these discs :wink:
hmmm, I could be wrong, the order for it was in November 2006.
that is not too long ago, isn't it.