TD in Paris 76

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD in Paris 76

Post by 24db »

I've just noticed that I have one TD concert missing from my list (d'oh!!!). It's their 23.1.76 appearance at the Palais du Sports in Paris. Is there any hard proof this concert happened? I don't mean it's been listed in the past, I mean actual documented proof, tickets or advertising?. It appears in VITD (with a note saying that a fan tape exists), but not in Scott Plumer's Mysterious Semblance chronology.

Additionally I have these dates listed for 76:

Monday 26.1.76 Concert: Nouvel Hippodrome, Paris, France Presented by WAH WAH (Pascal Bernardin & Assaad Debs)

22.11.76 Concert: Palais Des Sports, (Porte de Versailles) Paris, France. 8pm Sold out (attendance 5,500). . Presented by Melody. Barclays Records present TD with a Gold disc for the sales of Ricochet in France. Tickets 30 Francs. After show party at the La Nouba nightclub (near Orly Airport)

Begs the question, which gig was it that Peter Baumann did a shouting duet with Edgar, JAN or NOV? (EDIT...Miles has the answer...it was November)
24db

Post by 24db »

The plot thickens...Just checked with a French article: Tangerine Dream Ou La revolution en Douceur by Herve Picart, (Best 91, FEB 1976) it says that TD were at an 'event' at the Palais des Sports on Jan 26th 1976 (and yet I've got a backstage pass for the Hippodrome in Paris for the same night)...very weird

The opening line of the article made me laugh...

Tangerine Dream the group that make machines smile :)

the whole article:

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... on-en.html
24db

Post by 24db »

Charles, can you confirm that the Nouvel Hippodrome and the Palais des Sports are the same place?
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

24db wrote:Charles, can you confirm that the Nouvel Hippodrome and the Palais des Sports are the same place?
The Hippodrome was in Nord from Paris near Pantin.
Le Palais des Sports is in Sud. It's not the same place.
Perhaps the concert was initially at Palais des Sports the 23th January and finally the 26 th January at the Hippodrome.It's just an opinion.

http://www.cdandlp.com/liste/p_produit. ... =983971595

Fortunatly no doubt for the 12th september, it's sure that the show will be at the Olympia :wink:

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
24db

Post by 24db »

la sagesse du destin wrote:
24db wrote:Charles, can you confirm that the Nouvel Hippodrome and the Palais des Sports are the same place?
Perhaps the concert was initially at Palais des Sports the 23th January and finally the 26 th January at the Hippodrome.It's just an opinion.

Fortunatly no doubt for the 12th september, it's sure that the show will be at the Olympia :wink:

Charles
many thanks Charles, that's at least cleared some of that up. Just seems a bit weird having 3 gigs in Paris in a year
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

I have an audience recording labelled "Paris Palais du Sports 23.01.76", and the music is definitely from early 76.
Last edited by j_pertou on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Charles
Btw it still begs the question, if the PDS gig was moved to the 26th, how come I have a backstage pass for the same day? :)
la sagesse du destin

On the Rock and Folk 109 page 116, the list of the future concerts talk just about the concert of the 26 th January at the Hippodrome.
www.tangram-dream.fr
24db

Post by 24db »

la sagesse du destin wrote:On the Rock and Folk 109 page 116, the list of the future concerts talk just about the concert of the 26 th January at the Hippodrome.
perhaps the Palais des Sports gig on the 26th was brought forward to the 23rd? and Herve Picart was then wrong?
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

j_pertou wrote:I have an audience recording labelled "Paris Palais du Sports 23.01.76", and the music is definitely from early 76.
I also have such a recording (presumably the same source like yours) and Paul Fellows lists an existing fan recording from Jan 23, but if I remember correctly, my recording was mixed with TT19 or TL68 stuff and you (JP) pointed to it. To this day, I have not compared these 3 recordings but the "Paris Jan 23" recording doesn't have official place in my TD collection yet. Also therefore because the german collector Klaus Beschorner wrote in his remarks and corrections about mis-labeled and f ake recordings about it.

Btw. the phpBB forum software seem to have an auto correction function: the word f ake is replaced by play for example. This would clear out some misunderstandings over a putative censorship here in the forum?
la sagesse du destin

Cyclone wrote:
j_pertou wrote:I have an audience recording labelled "Paris Palais du Sports 23.01.76", and the music is definitely from early 76.
I also have such a recording (presumably the same source like yours) and Paul Fellows lists an existing fan recording from Jan 23, but if I remember correctly, my recording was mixed with TT19 or TL68 stuff and you (JP) pointed to it. To this day, I have not compared these 3 recordings but the "Paris Jan 23" recording doesn't have official place in my TD collection yet. Also therefore because the german collector Klaus Beschorner wrote in his remarks and corrections about mis-labeled and f ake recordings about it.
Please Jacob,are you alright with Klaus Beschorner ?
Is your tape of the 23 jan. nearly as good to the TL68 of the 26 Jan ?

Charles
www.tangram-dream.fr
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

I heard some very similar music when briefly comparing the "Paris 23.01.76" with TL68, and am not doubting that Klaus is right, so I won't compare any further. TT19 seems out of the question, though.
la sagesse du destin

j_pertou wrote:I heard some very similar music when briefly comparing the "Paris 23.01.76" with TL68, and am not doubting that Klaus is right, so I won't compare any further. TT19 seems out of the question, though.
Thank You Jacob, Cyclone and Klaus.
It's perhaps the confirmation that the only concert in Paris was the 26 January at the Hippodrome. It's just my personal opinion.

Charles
www.tangram-dream.fr
la sagesse du destin

j_pertou wrote:I heard some very similar music when briefly comparing the "Paris 23.01.76" with TL68, and am not doubting that Klaus is right, so I won't compare any further. TT19 seems out of the question, though.
Thank You Jacob, Cyclone and Klaus.
It's perhaps the confirmation that the only concert in Paris was the 26 January at the Hippodrome. It's just my personal opinion.
Perhaps the 12 th september can we talk with french fans who were in parisians shows in early 76 and have the definitive answer about this.

Charles
www.tangram-dream.fr
la sagesse du destin

The only thing that I am 100% sure about parisians shows is about the show of 2 february 81, because I was there. It was not at the Bataclan but at the Palace. It's not the same place.

Charles
www.tangram-dream.fr