Looking back at Force Majeure

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Looking back at Force Majeure

Post by epsilon75 »

3 teutonic tracks pressed on clear vinyl..........This has to be one of TDs top five releases in my opinion and the title track,the backward Thru Metamorphic Rocks and the sublime Cloudburst Flight make this a gem amongst the TD cannon.

To hear CF live in London was an amazing feeling and quite overwelming and soggy eyed experience 8) :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

My first TD album. It blew my mind. I had no idea somebody made this good music in the 70's. One of TD's very best.

8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Never played it on Clear Vinyl...only on black...99% a fantastic album, apart from the last track that drags a bit.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

24db wrote:...apart from the last track that drags a bit.
TD was only ahead of it's time. This is how techno music of the 90's drags. :wink:
bergen-dreamer

Re: Looking back at Force Majeure

Post by bergen-dreamer »

epsilon75 wrote:To hear CF live in London was an amazing feeling and quite overwelming and soggy eyed experience 8) :P
I can assure you that you were not the only one with soggy eyes at that moment CJ :arrow:

remember standing with Gazz and I think we both felt the same way as soon as we heard those first chords of CF :oops:

:arrow: as for the album itself (especially on clear vinyl) nothing more needs to be said 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:
24db wrote:...apart from the last track that drags a bit.
TD was only ahead of it's time. This is how techno music of the 90's drags. :wink:
helped by a studio fault!
24db

Post by 24db »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:To hear CF live in London was an amazing feeling and quite overwelming and soggy eyed experience 8) :P
I can assure you that you were not the only one with soggy eyes at that moment CJ :arrow:

remember standing with Gazz and I think we both felt the same way as soon as we heard those first chords of CF :oops:

:arrow: as for the album itself (especially on clear vinyl) nothing more needs to be said 8)
BB did a stunning job of recreating Edgar's solo...especially as it was probably recorded at half speed by Edgar in the studio and then sped up. Top marks to everyone, especially Thorsten (great hard-sync pitch bends TQ!) and Bernard..a very memorable track all round and for me it made the whole night. Defintely one of those moments when you do a double take and mouth the words..."No? it can't be, can it?...followed by a big cheesy grin :)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:3 teutonic tracks pressed on clear vinyl..........This has to be one of TDs top five releases in my opinion and the title track,the backward Thru Metamorphic Rocks and the sublime Cloudburst Flight make this a gem amongst the TD cannon.

To hear CF live in London was an amazing feeling and quite overwelming and soggy eyed experience 8) :P
The title track has some very weird sounds and effects...any track that can mix Wolves with Steamtrains should be admired ;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

my favorite album from that era. a classic album
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:3 teutonic tracks pressed on clear vinyl..........This has to be one of TDs top five releases in my opinion and the title track,the backward Thru Metamorphic Rocks and the sublime Cloudburst Flight make this a gem amongst the TD cannon.

The title track has some very weird sounds and effects...any track that can mix Wolves with Steamtrains should be admired ;)
Absolute magic :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Another true CLASSIC TD MASTERPIECE. Yes CJ, this is in my top 5 all time favorite Albums. As I type this I am playing through my computer speakers. Of course Cloudburst Flight is my #1 all time favorite. This album was probably my 5th or 6th TD album purchase. And I think this is the first time I heard guitars playing on a TD album. At least from what I can remember back then. Lots of head trippin back in those days. So I could relate this album more to Floyd's albums(Animals), without the vocals of course. I kept playing "Flight" over and over till my parents would start complaining "turn it down". I went out with big expectation on my next TD purchase, Cyclone :arrow: a big dissapointment at the time.

:D :D :D :D :D + out of 5
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

24db wrote:helped by a studio fault!
Good groups have fruitful studio faults. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:
24db wrote:helped by a studio fault!
Good groups have fruitful studio faults. :wink:
I'm sure TD have had several times...especially when it's wiped their entire album and they have to start again...I can see Edgar's happy little face from here...not ;)

No, seriously TD have had some good creative accidents
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

This has to be my second favourite TD album. It's just incredible. Every second of the music is just awesome. Beautiful melodies and strange haunting sounds, all mixed together to make something totally unique. Never heard anything quite like it before or since, and suspect I'll never hear anything like it again.

As Colin so rightly says, to hear Cloudburst Flight in London last year reduced me to tears.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

One word ............................Tremendous
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache