A look back at Encore

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

A look back at Encore

Post by epsilon75 »

Four sides of awesome live TD with the superb "Coldwater Canyon" and the equally superb "Monolight" being my favorites..... must have been one thrilling experience to see them on this tour with laserium 8) 8) 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Re: A look back at Encore

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Four sides of awesome live TD with the superb "Coldwater Canyon" and the equally superb "Monolight" being my favorites..... must have been one thrilling experience to see them on this tour with laserium 8) 8) 8)
for a year or so I thought it only had 3 tracks as my tape had one track repeated. Good stuff though
Mars

Post by Mars »

This album will always be on my top 3 TD albums :-)

If I had to choose only one CD to bring to an island or even a planet far out, this is the one I`ll bring along! :-)
timer

Post by timer »

One of the Best Live albums in my entire collection. - Remember purchasing the double LP in HMV Oxford street and admiring the cover all the way home to my record deck.

I love this album in its entirety - but Coldwater Canyon and the magnificent Desert Dream are simply out standing IMO.

A must in any EM collection 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:One of the Best Live albums in my entire collection. - Remember purchasing the double LP in HMV Oxford street and admiring the cover all the way home to my record deck.

I love this album in its entirety - but Coldwater Canyon and the magnificent Desert Dream are simply out standing IMO.

I still have the Yugoslavian pressing without the "Stars & Stripes" cover somewhere.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:One of the Best Live albums in my entire collection. - Remember purchasing the double LP in HMV Oxford street and admiring the cover all the way home to my record deck.

I still have the Yugoslavian pressing without the "Stars & Stripes" cover somewhere.
All of my original vinyl resides in a very deep wooden box ! 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I guess this is as close as I'll ever get to hearing the FFB version of TD in concert. Such a shame. I was offered the opportunity of seeing them but turned it down. Something I'll always regret.

Encore doesn't help much with my feelings of regret. It shows a live band on top form, creating something totally unique and inspired. To seee the band at this point must have been totally mind-blowing.

If I had a Tardis I'd go back and slap myself around the face a bit.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Mine went to the great record shop in the sky,well most of it :(
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: I still have the Yugoslavian pressing without the "Stars & Stripes" cover somewhere.
Hopefully I can replace a lot of for you mate when I get round to a clearout ! Im a man of my word ! :)
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Pretty good release. Desert Dream is scary and "Dalisque"
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:Remember purchasing the double LP in HMV Oxford street and admiring the cover all the way home to my record deck.
The gatefold cover was gorgeous. The CD looks aweful by comparison.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Desert Dream is probably my favourite TD composition, but atm I'm too drunk to make any sense so I'll just continue to listen to Coldwater Canyon 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote: All of my original vinyl resides in a very deep wooden box ! 8)
Hopefully I can replace a lot of for you mate when I get round to a clearout ! Im a man of my word ! :)
I thank you for that good friend 8) :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

One of the first TD LP's I bought from a mate who can't believe I still have his copy and the fact that I love it..(he hates it).. :roll:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:Remember purchasing the double LP in HMV Oxford street and admiring the cover all the way home to my record deck.
The gatefold cover was gorgeous. The CD looks aweful by comparison.
I used to spend hours looking at the inner of the cover of this album happy days ...............miss this with CD's
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache