Dominion London, 6.11.82...afternoon show

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Dominion London, 6.11.82...afternoon show

Post by 24db »

Just in case Tony Cholerton reads this I'm after a bit of info. Two gigs were played at the same venue on Nov 6th 1982. Has anyone any idea what time the afternoon show was to start? (preferably with reference to a ticket, not just from memory).

As we all probably know, the evening show started late...hence the 'thanks for being patient' from Adrian Hopkins on the album...(the doors were meant to open at 8.00pm, but it was more like 8.30 or 8.40pm before we were allowed in...a bit like the TUe recently). The concert itself was meant to kick off at 8.45pm.
24db

Post by 24db »

Talking of which...who else is sad (like me) and kept every single ticket stuff from all the TD gigs they've been to over the years?
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

24db wrote:Talking of which...who else is sad (like me) and kept every single ticket stuff from all the TD gigs they've been to over the years?
Its not Sad Andy wish I had and all the gigs I have worked and passes I was given. But for me it was just a job then. O to go back!! Like the 86 tour where are all my tickets and passes ???? who knows. :(
The Stoke TDBA Division.
24db

Post by 24db »

bigdaveh wrote:
24db wrote:Talking of which...who else is sad (like me) and kept every single ticket stuff from all the TD gigs they've been to over the years?
Its not Sad Andy wish I had and all the gigs I have worked and passes I was given. But for me it was just a job then. O to go back!! Like the 86 tour where are all my tickets and passes ???? who knows. :(
If you just work there, then it's just part of the job. I guess that most of use hang on to these things as they're the only tangible thing we have that 'we were there' live music being the epheramal thing that it is....well, that and memories, but you can't rely on them.

DVDs are ok, but to be honest they don't come anywhere near what it's like being at a gig. Especially with todays, a cut every second....zooming in, zooming out, jump cut, crash zoom days. At the gig you are (mostly) in one place and make your own 'mind movie' during the gig. Anyway...back on topic, collecting tickets from gigs you've been to is a fairly cheap way to retain a millionth of the magic of the night, pretty amazing really when you realise they're just cheap bits of paper ;)
Last edited by 24db on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
bigdaveh wrote:
If you just work there, then it's just part of the job. I guess that most of use hang on to these things as they're the only tangible thing we have that 'we were there' live music being the epheramal thing that it is....well, that a memories, but you can't rely on them
In my opinion its not sad at all,i only wish i had kept hold of the things i had in my possession in the past. Collecting is just a hobby albeit sometimes a very expensive one :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
bigdaveh wrote: Its not Sad Andy wish I had and all the gigs I have worked and passes I was given. But for me it was just a job then. O to go back!! Like the 86 tour where are all my tickets and passes ???? who knows. :(
If you just work there, then it's just part of the job. I guess that most of use hang on to these things as they're the only tangible thing we have that 'we were there' live music being the epheramal thing that it is....well, that a memories, but you can't rely on them
In my opinion its not sad at all,i only wish i had kept hold of the things i had in my possession in the past. Collecting is just a hobby albeit sometimes a very expensive one :)
that reminds me...I need to sell my Genesis programme...no pun, I really do
timer

Post by timer »

I have all the TD one's Ive attended, got most of all the other gigs since 1979 as well. 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
I have all the TD one's Ive attended, got most of all the other gigs since 1979 as well. 8)
1979? blimey you went to the cancelled German tour ;)
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Still got every one of my tickets Andy...what else did you expect? :D
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:Still got every one of my tickets Andy...what else did you expect? :D
good to see the sadness goes futher than Herts ;)