Edgar Froese's Ages

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar Froese's Ages

Post by tdream4ever »

I have the download Ages from eastgate. How much different is it from cd releases? Should I be looking into getting the cd? :oops:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
TheMan

Re: Edgar Froese's Ages

Post by TheMan »

tdream4ever wrote:I have the download Ages from eastgate. How much different is it from cd releases? Should I be looking into getting the cd? :oops:
My copy of Ages (the original version) does not have the track Golgotha and the Circle Closes. The download version is missing Children's Deeper Study.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

TheMan wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:I have the download Ages from eastgate. How much different is it from cd releases? Should I be looking into getting the cd? :oops:
My copy of Ages (the original version) does not have the track Golgotha and the Circle Closes. The download version is missing Children's Deeper Study.
VD 2507 have ALL the tracks and a great gatefold cover and is still my preferred version :)
redziller

Post by redziller »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
TheMan wrote:
VD 2507 have ALL the tracks and a great gatefold cover and is still my preferred version :)
Don't seem quite right with either missing
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Love this album and have it on vinyl and both CD pressings... 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
homeless

Post by homeless »

The warm, original and crackly vinyl version is the best.
:lol:

I'm not impressed by the digital reprocessed versions.

homeless
Dave Matthews

Post by Dave Matthews »

Hi all,

Last week I listened to my original Virgin CD release (CDOVD480) first the first time in several years and was surprised to hear that at about 12:36 into "Tropic of Capricrn" there was a very large "crackle" in the left-hand sound channel. I assumed that my CD must have been damaged somehow and so ordered another copy. But this one has exactly the same fault!

So is this a known fault on all copies of the CD (if it is, I can't find any reference to it anywhere).

Many thanks!
--

Cheers

Dave
24db

Post by 24db »

Dave Matthews wrote:Hi all,

Last week I listened to my original Virgin CD release (CDOVD480) first the first time in several years and was surprised to hear that at about 12:36 into "Tropic of Capricrn" there was a very large "crackle" in the left-hand sound channel. I assumed that my CD must have been damaged somehow and so ordered another copy. But this one has exactly the same fault!

So is this a known fault on all copies of the CD (if it is, I can't find any reference to it anywhere).

Many thanks!
Mine does the same (original UK version, issued in 1997)
24db

Post by 24db »

btw the 're-recorded' version from 2004 does the same.
Last edited by 24db on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8....10, 13, 45, 65.

Which age were you interested in?

Oh! I see.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

Golgotha and the Circle Closes is a very fine slow rock track with electric guitar whereas Children's Deeper Study is unusual; I prefer the former.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Dave Matthews wrote:12:36 into "Tropic of Capricrn"
Heh, I rarely let that track play beyond the 11:40 mark.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

+++ sycophant mode on +++

I highly love Ages, I have always thought it a super duper double album

but its a bit crappo on CD, a TD fan MUST own the dubblevinyl

+++ psychOH!phant mode OFF +++
...The wise.....are silent.....
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

bigmoog wrote:a TD fan MUST own the dubblevinyl
I do :P

:arrow: actually have two copies :oops:
Dave Matthews

Post by Dave Matthews »

24db wrote:Mine does the same (original UK version, issued in 1997)
Thanks for that. I was going to say that it appears that nobody carried out quality checking on the CDs when they were pressed. However...

24db wrote:btw the 'recorded' version from 2004 does the same.
Hmmm... on reflection, then, I would say the problem lies with the way the original material was transferred from (analogue) tape to digital storage - ie what eventually became the digital master.

I'm surprised Edgar didn't spot this problem when doing the 2004 re-recording. Certainly it was easy enough to sort out, even with my own amateur "digital restoration" skills!

(Actually the entire track is peppered with little "clicks'n'ticks", though most of them are only really noticeable when listening though headphones.)
Last edited by Dave Matthews on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
--

Cheers

Dave