Ulrich Schnauss

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

alexbk wrote:Ulrich Schnauss and Jonas Munk talk about their new record on Pedigree Cuts. The record was writen in between Jonas's place in Danemark and Ulrich's London studio. The album is due for release spring 2010.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk552H2SUKY
More info and three further tracks:
http://blog.pedigreecuts.com/?p=44
sounds promissing :)
alexbk

Post by alexbk »

New mix by Ulrich Schnauss & Kirsty Hawkshaw: http://redbullmusicacademyradio.com/shows/2810/
Features a few tracks from their upcoming collaborative album, and 2 tracks from Ulrich's next album ("Ten Years" and "Her & The Sea")
24db

Post by 24db »

alexbk wrote:New mix by Ulrich Schnauss & Kirsty Hawkshaw: http://redbullmusicacademyradio.com/shows/2810/
Features a few tracks from their upcoming collaborative album, and 2 tracks from Ulrich's next album ("Ten Years" and "Her & The Sea")
nice to see the TD track featured as well.
Shame Kirtsty isn't in tune though :(
Last edited by 24db on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Slightly mystified by this

This time around with a special guest mix by Ulrich Schnauss and Kirsty Hawkshaw, masters of shoegazing electronica and ethereal sound swashes.

Swashes? :D
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

24db wrote:Slightly mystified by this

This time around with a special guest mix by Ulrich Schnauss and Kirsty Hawkshaw, masters of shoegazing electronica and ethereal sound swashes.

That is how they pronounce 'Swatches' in Croydon. ;-)
24db

Post by 24db »

TangFanIRL wrote:
24db wrote:Slightly mystified by this

That is how they pronounce 'Swatches' in Croydon. ;-)
wock and woll dude!
alexbk

Post by alexbk »

I think we haven't seen this one before:

Ulrich Schnauss talks about the Air Statement and file sharing (hint: he's signed the statement, and is thus strongly against file sharing and pro three strikes laws).

http://www.kirstyhawkshaw.co.uk/central ... 3&Itemid=3

I wanna add my 2 euro cents here - I don't know how well (or badly) Goodbye and remasters have sold compared to his previous efforts, but Ulrich can't lay all of the blame on file sharing. At least part of the problem was that the european record label was complete rubbish, and there was basically no promotion whatsoever. Ulrich has simply made a bad choice in Independiente (again, I'm not sure if there was much of a choice, but still) - they clearly didn't care about his music. We all want to persuade the world that he's wonderful, but there's only so much fans can do.
24db

Post by 24db »

alexbk wrote:I think we haven't seen this one before:

Ulrich Schnauss talks about the Air Statement and file sharing (hint: he's signed the statement, and is thus strongly against file sharing and pro three strikes laws).

I wanna add my 2 euro cents here - I don't know how well (or badly) Goodbye and remasters have sold compared to his previous efforts, but Ulrich can't lay all of the blame on file sharing. At least part of the problem was that the european record label was complete rubbish, and there was basically no promotion whatsoever. Ulrich has simply made a bad choice in Independiente (again, I'm not sure if there was much of a choice, but still) - they clearly didn't care about his music. We all want to persuade the world that he's wonderful, but there's only so much fans can do.
Ulrich was at the meal with TD that I attended in March...perhaps he should have asked Edgar for some advice?
alexbk

Post by alexbk »

In my uninformed opinion, he could've simply stayed with CCO - I think they did a splendid job of making him known in the first place.
alexbk

Post by alexbk »

24db wrote:
alexbk wrote:New mix by Ulrich Schnauss & Kirsty Hawkshaw: http://redbullmusicacademyradio.com/shows/2810/
nice to see the TD track featured as well.
Shame Kirtsty isn't in tune though :(
They also invite everyone to buy the music at Kirsty's website, but if you go there you get this:
Dear fans of Kirsty Hawkshaw,
We are currently upgrading our online store to be better than ever-- Stay Tuned!

Team Kirsty Hawkshaw
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:

Ulrich was at the meal with TD that I attended in March...perhaps he should have asked Edgar for some advice?
Wow. That's one hell of a nugget to drop into the thread.

Did you get to talk to him?

Did he talk to Edgar at all?

was JF there too?

etc

etc
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:

was JF there too?

etc

etc
Did you get to talk to him? Ulrich? No, not on the night, I briefly said hello to him on the phone earlier in the day though (long story), and I also (again briefly) said hello to him on the way out of the RAH just after the meet & greet (I only stayed long enough to thank Edgar and Bianca after the show). BTF introduced me to Ulrich at the Forum, and I've got to say he's a very nice bloke indeed, although probably not that comfortable with the whole fame thing.

Edgar?...yes, although you've got to understand it wasn't an interview, it was TD on their night off so I didn't really ask any questions at all...or for that matter take a single photo. At least I got the chance to say hello and give a gift to Bianca and Edgar just to say thanks for the music...and obviously for the meal.

Did he talk to Edgar at all? He pulled up a seat infont of Edgar and chatted to him for an hour...maybe two? No idea about what (they were probably talking in German), besides I was chatting mainly to Bianca, Mike (a friend of TD's) and later to Linda (as well as few words with Thorsten and Bernhard whilst taxi's were being arranged).

was JF there too? No mate (he's in Berlin), but then again there were about 25 other people there at the restaurant (Tangerine Dream's entire stage crew: camera men, technicians, sound and light, all the musicians, their friends, girlfriends and from memory Thorsten's parents) plus 4 of us (prize winners and better halfs)

Fantastic night I've got say. TD & especially Bianca were perfect hosts and honestly it's a night I'll never forget (and that's just Bianca's desert juggling ;)..sorry Bianca :).

ps. Linda is brilliant, totally different to how some might see her...she's VERY funny indeed.
Last edited by 24db on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

pps I also got to kiss a member of TD on both cheeks...not allowed to say who...but you'd be jealous :P
24db

Post by 24db »

...back on topic...I'm looking forward to the new stuff from Ulrich
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: Ulrich was at the meal with TD that I attended in March...perhaps he should have asked Edgar for some advice?

was JF there too?

etc

etc
Did you get to talk to him? Ulrich? No, not on the night, I briefly said hello to him on the phone earlier in the day though (long story), and I also (again briefly) said hello to him on the way out of the RAH just after the meet & greet (I only stayed long enough to thank Edgar and Bianca after the show). BTF introduced me to Ulrich at the Forum, and I've got to say he's a very nice bloke indeed, although probably not that comfortable with the whole fame thing.

Edgar?...yes, although you've got to understand it wasn't an interview, it was TD on their night off so I didn't really ask any questions at all...or for that matter take a single photo. At least I got the chance to say hello and give a gift to Bianca and Edgar just to say thanks for the music...and obviously for the meal.

Did he talk to Edgar at all? He pulled up a seat infont of Edgar and chatted to him for an hour...maybe two? No idea about what (they were probably talking in German), besides I was chatting mainly to Bianca, Mike (a friend of TD's) and later to Linda (as well as few words with Thorsten and Bernhard whilst taxi's were being arranged).

was JF there too? No mate (he's in Berlin), but then again there were about 25 other people there at the restaurant (Tangerine Dream's entire stage crew: camera men, technicians, sound and light, all the musicians, their friends, girlfriends and from memory Thorsten's parents) plus 4 of us (prize winners and better halfs)

Fantastic night I've got say. TD & especially Bianca were perfect hosts and honestly it's a night I'll never forget (and that's just Bianca's desert juggling ;)..sorry Bianca :).

ps. Linda is brilliant, totally different to how some might see her...she's VERY funny indeed.
I certainly think differently about that desert now :wink: :lol:

Sounds like you had a brilliant night Andy.