Mick Glossop

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Mick Glossop

Post by Chris Monk »

TD get a brief mention in this quarters Classic Rock presents Prog in an article on Producer Mick Glossop:

Glossop subsequently enjoyed collaborating with Tangerine Dream on the 1975 albums Rubycon and Ricochet.

"Truly an inprovisational band. They'd start the tape going, play for 25 minutes and then stop, discuss what they'd done and go again. They had nothing written at all".
24db

Post by 24db »

Cheers. Far too short though...begs the question...how do we get in contact with Mick? ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

I'm going to email him later today :)
24db

Re: Mick Glossop

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:TD get a brief mention in this quarters Classic Rock presents Prog in an article on Producer Mick Glossop:

Glossop subsequently enjoyed collaborating with Tangerine Dream on the 1975 albums Rubycon and Ricochet.

"Truly an inprovisational band. They'd start the tape going, play for 25 minutes and then stop, discuss what they'd done and go again. They had nothing written at all".
I emailed him Chris. 'If' I get a reply I'll send you a PM
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:TD get a brief mention in this quarters Classic Rock presents Prog in an article on Producer Mick Glossop:

Thanks Andy. I dare say a few others would be interested on what he has to say. Imagine being in the same room as TD when they were recording Rubycon. It's almost too much for the brain to take in.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:

Thanks Andy. I dare say a few others would be interested on what he has to say. Imagine being in the same room as TD when they were recording Rubycon. It's almost too much for the brain to take in.
Doesn't seem to be that much interest ;)
I can't quite see Mick replying though, I'd imagine he's far too busy these days
24db

Post by 24db »

Mick couldn't help :(
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:Mick couldn't help :(

maybe memory has faded, its a long time, and Mick has produced/mixed shedloads of music. :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

All I want to know is - What happened to all the session tapes. Now, if they could be definitively located in playable condition and Virgin were cooperative, some extended mixes based on these sessions is one box-set I'd MAKE myself afford - and so would a good few others too I wager.....
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

At what point did TD stop using an outside producer ? I remember Optical Race had Edgar listed as producer.
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR wrote:All I want to know is - What happened to all the session tapes. Now, if they could be definitively located in playable condition and Virgin were cooperative, some extended mixes based on these sessions is one box-set I'd MAKE myself afford - and so would a good few others too I wager.....