Help with identifying tracks

Steve
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Help with identifying tracks

Post by Steve »

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have a question regarding the tracks, 'Huckabee's Dream' and 'Run to Vegas'. These both appear on the 'Music for Sports - Power and Motion' compilation, which I bought recently, and I'm enjoying it very much.

What I'd like to know is which albums did these tracks originally appear on? I have managed to track them down as far as 'The Anthology Decades -Space Years vol # 1' which is another compilation, but were they on a studio album before this release in 2008?
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Steve

Post by Steve »

Thank you very much Cyclone. The 'Voices on the Net' links are very useful. Cheers.

So it appears that these were first released on the 'Anthology Decades' album in 2008, but are actually tracks from a previous time, though previously un-released.

What's the general concensus on the 'Anthology Decades' album. Is it worth purchasing? I had avoided it before because it looked like just another compialtion. Based on these two tracks I'd say that I'd consider the purchase, but does anyone have an opinion on the other tracks on this album.

I look forward to reading reviews.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Steve wrote:Thank you very much Cyclone. The 'Voices on the Net' links are very useful. Cheers.

So it appears that these were first released on the 'Anthology Decades' album in 2008, but are actually tracks from a previous time, though previously un-released.

What's the general concensus on the 'Anthology Decades' album. Is it worth purchasing? I had avoided it before because it looked like just another compialtion. Based on these two tracks I'd say that I'd consider the purchase, but does anyone have an opinion on the other tracks on this album.

I look forward to reading reviews.

I think its a nice album, the tracks seems to link very well. I particularly like The Seventh Folder as it has some very stong Edgar guitar playing(think hamlet). There are a couple of what I would call album filling tracks which are a bit weaker but overall I like the album 7/10
Erik

Post by Erik »

yes. buy it. especially for the first half
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

I would recommend buying "The Electronic Magic of Tangerine dream" instead, you get more stuff - all the tracks from anthology decades (except boat to china which you already own on power and motion) and then some...

asteroid agenda is not available on any other cd as of yet, for example
Steve

Post by Steve »

multivit72 wrote:I would recommend buying "The Electronic Magic of Tangerine dream" instead....
Thanks very much Multivit72. Good advice.

By the way, I knew a girl from Freiburg once. She was studying at Hull in the U.K. in the early '80's. I was visiting a friend of mine (Sam, also a TD nut) who was also studying there.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Steve wrote:Thank you very much Cyclone. The 'Voices on the Net' links are very useful. Cheers.

These backdates sound largely more or less made up, or applying to only some part of the piece. In particular, Sunrise in the Fifth System and Asteroid Agenda are clearly later remixes with Alpha Centauri / Zeit material.

Rare Bird is live '86, not '88, and also apparently with some later editing.

At least "Exit to Heaven", "Silver Pendulum" and "Shy Shila" might as well be original however…
Erik

Post by Erik »

multivit72 wrote: asteroid agenda is not available on any other cd as of yet, for example
the mysterious semblance at the strand of nightmares
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Erik wrote:
multivit72 wrote: asteroid agenda is not available on any other cd as of yet, for example
which is not a CD but good ole vinyl...
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

multivit72 wrote:
Erik wrote:
which is not a CD but good ole vinyl...
I stand corrected, there is a CD included, haven't noticed yet...