Which do you prefer?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Rockoon
50%
Turn of the Tides
50%

Total votes: 32

Tropylium
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TDACS: Rockoon vs. Turn of the Tides

Post by Tropylium »

And our 2nd match, from the 90s, the first two studio albums from the Froese & Froese lineup…

See also: Tangerine Dream Album Championships main discussion
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Tides by a mile..........
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I used to really hate these two albums but over the years I have grown to like them, its a tough one, maybe Rockoon but will have to give them another listen
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Red Morpho wrote:Tides by a mile..........
How do I clickt button? :wink:
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Easy choice for me, as I like "Turn of the tides" but can't stand "Rockoon" (with the exception of two or three tracks)...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Yep, this is one of the polls I suspect will be a shoo-in…

Actually I think they have equally good high points (eg. Rockoon, Galley Slave's Horizon) and equally bad low points (eg. Spanish Love, Midwinter Night), but the mid-range does better on TotT.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I voted for Rockoon, I like the guitar on more of these tracks. TOTT sounds a bit over produced for me.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Rockoon for me..always liked the whole cd....I do like TOTT as well but listen to Rockoon more..this was also the first ''new'' TD album I bought on CD and I bought it locally which was maybe the last time I was able to do so.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Voted tides. But a tough choice, they are even to me
Erik

Post by Erik »

definitely rockoon. the title track is one of the first ten or so TD tracks i heard, so it's kinda special to me. it reminds me of F-Zero for some reason.

and i love all the burning cold guitars through-out the album. Red Roadster is also a beautiful piece of work. i really get into it the second i hear those light moody tones at the start, and it just takes off from there. that track has always reminded me of an old cop show or something, with those really dramatic undertones.

Funky Atlanta is one of those tracks that i wish was played live. it would be a massive performance.

Girl's on Broadway is pretty stellar too. the way that starts is so unique and pretty.

there is something very emotionally empowering about the whole album. after hearing some of the more intense tracks it just makes me wanna go out and DO something amazing. it's like the training montages and "Gonna Fly Now" from Rocky, lol. perhaps i'm weird

of course Turn of the Tides is also very good. i love everything about both albums. Firetongues and Twilight Brigade are instant classics. i liked that remix of Firetongues on Vintage Vanguard too
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Going to have to listen to them both again. Tough choice.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Voted for Rockoon as it has some dynamite tracks like Big City Dwarves, Red Roadster, Rockoon and Girls On Broadway.

TOTT has some great tracks too though, like Firetongues, Galley Slave's Horizon, Twilight Brigade and Jungle Journey.
rigel

Post by rigel »

Both albums have flaws, but I prefer ROCKOON (even though it has "Funky Atlanta" on it :roll: ).
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I like very much both of these albums. Voted for Turn Of The Tides.
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

I like both albums EQUAL
And all the tunes at both albums.

So I don't vote at all :idea:

BTW, Why compare two albums ???
I think it's time to stop comparing albums, it has (is) imo no(n)sense.

Only fair discussion is to tell why one likes a piece of music.

Peter.