Books

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:Started reading a book last week and just couldn't get my head around it at all. Nothing seemed to make sense. Turns out it's book 11 in a 12 part set. Nothing on the cover to say this.

:lol:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Chris Monk wrote:Started reading a book last week and just couldn't get my head around it at all. Nothing seemed to make sense. Turns out it's book 11 in a 12 part set. Nothing on the cover to say this.
What series is this?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:
What series is this?
It's a book called Confessor by Terry Goodkind. Got the hardback for £1.99 from the local bookshop. I was wrong, it's actually book 12 of something called The Sword of Truth. Had I known I would have tried book 1 first, whatever that is.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Surface Detail - Iain M Banks

Jolly good read.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Chris Monk wrote:
Insvims wrote:
What series is this?
It's a book called Confessor by Terry Goodkind. Got the hardback for £1.99 from the local bookshop. I was wrong, it's actually book 12 of something called The Sword of Truth. Had I known I would have tried book 1 first, whatever that is.
I thought it might be either Sword or Truth or Wheel of Time.
I am actually reading the first book in the Sword of Truth series now (for the second time). Excellent series! First book is Wizards First Rule.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Insvims wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Insvims wrote: What series is this?
I am actually reading the first book in the Sword of Truth series now (for the second time). Excellent series! First book is Wizards First Rule.
Indeed a very good serie. Also read it. Liked the tvserie Legend of the Seeker very much, which followed the books (a bit).
har

Post by har »

Get down to Waterstones lads :wink:

3 for the price of 2 on all SF and Fiction.

Got;

Greybeard - Brian Aldiss
A Dark Matter - Peter Straub
The Edinburgh Dead - Brian Ruckley ( Thought this was about Hearts supporters :wink: but turns out its grizzly murders in ye olde Embra 1828)

PS Saw that Wizards First Rule mentioned above. Looks very interesting.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Insvims wrote: What series is this?
Might well get that as I quite enjoyed Confessor. Even if I hadn't got a clue what was going on.
har

Post by har »

Half way through this ;

Post Apocalyptic Combat SF.

Not sure of it yet. Written by a local writer with Chapter 1 set 10 miles down the road from me. Which is really why I bought it :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: It's a book called Confessor by Terry Goodkind. Got the hardback for £1.99 from the local bookshop. I was wrong, it's actually book 12 of something called The Sword of Truth. Had I known I would have tried book 1 first, whatever that is.
Indeed a very good serie. Also read it. Liked the tvserie Legend of the Seeker very much, which followed the books (a bit).
Might look out that series then. Sounds interesting.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:Pigs Might Fly - The Inside Story Of Pink Floyd (Mark Blake, 2007)
I've just bought Inside Out by Nick Mason which I really looking forward to reading.
Didn't know about that one. Interesting.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:Pigs Might Fly - The Inside Story Of Pink Floyd (Mark Blake, 2007)
I've just bought Inside Out by Nick Mason which I really looking forward to reading.
Didn't know about that one. Interesting.
It was originally written a few years back but was updated recently. I thought if anyone knows the Pink Floyd story it has to be Nick Mason.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Stephen King - Mile 81

New original short story bought and downloaded to my Kindle. Weekend sorted out! :D

In anticipation of King's forthcoming full length novel called 11/22/63, coming in November.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Ania Ahlborn - Seed (Kindle edition)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Kevin J. Anderson - The Saga Of Seven Suns, book 3: Horizon Storms (Kindle edition)