new TD philosophy

Erik
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

new TD philosophy

Post by Erik »

After getting a stylistic extreme makeover with the addition of Paul Haslinger, TD obviously started taking a different musical route. but what i'm wondering is, what do they think of it?

artists can mold to what's hip in the music scene of any given decade, whether it be selling out or not. i don't think they did, but were they going for that American appeal with stuff like the Melrose era albums? was it Paul who influenced them? what if Johannes stayed, what would've happened? and of course moving towards the end of the nineties, they really added that new age rock tinge. it was a refreshing move in my opinion. and now in the 2000's, their music has so many dance beats it's hard to believe it's the same group name that made Force Majeure.

Does Edgar still embrace what the collective once was? would he make more music like the old virgin releases of the 70's? it's possible he wants to move on and change as much as possible, for personal creativity's sake. Even though he isn't fond of Cyclone, he still wanted to give lyrical music a shot. He's a man of experimentation. The Easgate label has seemed like their renaissance. what with updated Hyperborea, Phaedra and Tangram. Tracks like Cloudburst Flight 2008. The One Times One remake of Loved By the Sun. i am curious as to why these recordings occured. i love them all, but are there still elements that Edgar is passionate about? does he just wanna make a remix, or does he view it as more of a...rebirth? i believe there is deeper reasoning as to why old sounds got resurrected in a new world with a new vibe. Is he expecting the audience to be newer, and wanting them to explore their musical fossils from over 30 years ago? like they hear the soul of the music, and they'd maybe be curious as to where it originated? or is he thinking of his older audience too? it's maybe not as complicated as i think it is.

so what are your opinions and ideas? does old TD still matter in a certain sense? i just wanna throw out there that i've liked every era of their output to date. my favourite band, period.

off topic, but something weird happened. at the top of the second paragraph, where i said "hip", i originally put h-o-t. i can't put the letters together because it kept replacing it with the word cold. i kid you not. what's up with that
Last edited by Erik on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

yeh this forum has some strange censorship when it comes to words. H0T is one word that you can`t type.....maybe something to do with spammers :wink: