first TD you ever heard

32 years + counting
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

First TD experience

Post by 32 years + counting »

I'm sure I read that someone else on this forum heard them first as I did...late Autumn 1976....Alan 'Fluff' Freeman's legendary 4hr weekly 'Saturday Show' on BBC Radio 1. He played "3 a.m. at the Border of the Marsh...." from STRATOSFEAR. I was 10. I was utterly hooked. Begged my dad to get it for me for Christmas and god bless him he did. Spent the whole of xmas day with the headphones on. The next time I heard an album that blew me away as much as that was Michael Stearns' soundtrack to CHRONOS in 1986. That's a work of genius I reckon....should be in every EM fan's collection.
Nero

Post by Nero »

In 1982 one of my first girl friends invited me for a h-o-t bath in her tiny but cool flat and put on the vinyl "White Eagle" as the perfect background soundtrack for our love affair - just imagine how the "White Eagle" was flying....:-))
I also felt in love with TD!
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D John Peel previewed RUBYCON. I ordered it at a little music shop in Witney, Oxfordshire, and it it was played in the shop a week later for all to hear. Most listeners were very impressed, if a little taken aback by this "German Synthesizer Music" 8) :wink: :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

old ground for me...hardly worth mentioning it again
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

prophetfive wrote::D John Peel previewed RUBYCON. I ordered it at a little music shop in Witney, Oxfordshire, and it it was played in the shop a week later for all to hear. Most listeners were very impressed, if a little taken aback by this "German Synthesizer Music" 8) :wink: :arrow:
Twas Rubycon for me to Ronald in 1978 :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.