Madcap's Flaming Duty - DVD

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

wayfarer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:as ever a concise review of TD, wonderful

MFD is now legendary as is the astoria gig and the fan meet, talk about brilliant.....I will never ever forget the friendly, generous and lovely fans I met....true memories and love to all :arrow:
Too right, BM, too right! Pity there's a bit of a hoo-ha going on about it on the Yahoo Group. :(
Wouldn't worry too much about that! As everyone is no doubt aware by now, I'm no fan of MFD, but I was hoping that hearing it performed in this environment, I would warm to it. I confess, I did enjoy it, especially "A Dream Of Death", but it hasn't enhanced my opinion of the cd. Given that the second half was a stormer, I was a little disappointed that the early part was taken up with MFD, but that's more to do with a shortened set due to the strict Astoria curfew (still a dive, but better than I remembered it).

For me the gig was a great success and I would be happy to see Chris Hausl perform with TD again, provided it was in a more limited capacity. The 2nd half of the show, the ep and SIN have proved that TD are best when they stick to their instrumental roots and I can't wait to see what's in store for us next. Let's hope we're not kept waiting too long for the next gig! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

wayfarer wrote:

MFD is now legendary as is the astoria gig and the fan meet, talk about brilliant.....I will never ever forget the friendly, generous and lovely fans I met....true memories and love to all :arrow:
Too right, BM, too right! Pity there's a bit of a hoo-ha going on about it on the Yahoo Group. :(
Yep. Sad really. I've been deleting posts like crazy. Don't want to read it. I had a fantastic night on Friday and am still buzzing from it on Monday. Mind you I still get a warm glow think about TD concerts from way back when. Lets just say that this was a truelly classic concert, one of a long line stretching back to the first one I ever saw.

was it the best ever?

Might as well ask me which one of my sons is my favourite. It was good, it was fun and I enjoyed every minute.
24db

Post by 24db »

Talking of which....when the heck is the DVD/CD going to be posted out? they said it would delayed, but copies were at the Astoria (I didn't buy one, as I thought my copy might be here waiting for me...sadly it wasn't)
Now obviously I'm just impatient and Eastgate are like greased lightning compared with Voiceprint, so I shouldn't moan too much. However it would be nice to know when.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Chris Monk wrote:
wayfarer wrote:

Yep. Sad really. I've been deleting posts like crazy. Don't want to read it. I had a fantastic night on Friday and am still buzzing from it on Monday. Mind you I still get a warm glow think about TD concerts from way back when. Lets just say that this was a truelly classic concert, one of a long line stretching back to the first one I ever saw.

was it the best ever?

Might as well ask me which one of my sons is my favourite. It was good, it was fun and I enjoyed every minute.
I also enjoyed every minuite of the concert for the first time ever! SIN arrived today but not with the MFD DVD/CD as I'd hoped :?
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Don't worry. I (in Germany) got "Springtime In Nagasaki" on April 4th and the first English forum member recieved his copy on April 7th.
If the "delay" for international posting is the same with MFD most of you will recieve the package on Wednesday or Thursday as I got mine on Saturday. I'm quite sure about it. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

MrCox wrote:Don't worry. I (in Germany) got "Springtime In Nagasaki" on April 4th and the first English forum member recieved his copy on April 7th.
If the "delay" for international posting is the same with MFD most of you will recieve the package on Wednesday or Thursday as I got mine on Saturday. I'm quite sure about it. :wink:
Woohoo! :)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
MrCox wrote:Don't worry. I (in Germany) got "Springtime In Nagasaki" on April 4th and the first English forum member recieved his copy on April 7th.
Woohoo! :)
That is great news Mr Cox :)

I'm very taken with SIN... I'm going to spin it again in a bit 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Zzzz, still waiting for mine to turn up!
ant

Post by ant »

:D I was told by Eastgate that they were starting to post the dvd/cd MFD out on Wednesday 18th April. Haven't received it as I write but I am hoping it will arrive soon.

Very poor review of SIN in the last Groove e-mail by a Dave S. Is that Dave S from CDS in Dundee?? If it is then shame on you Dave as this is a excellent album and is making me very keen on getting the rest of this Atomic series.

Thr Dream goes on!!
:D
Biggus Dickus
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

ant wrote::D I was told by Eastgate that they were starting to post the dvd/cd MFD out on Wednesday 18th April. Haven't received it as I write but I am hoping it will arrive soon.

Very poor review of SIN in the last Groove e-mail by a Dave S. Is that Dave S from CDS in Dundee?? If it is then shame on you Dave as this is a excellent album and is making me very keen on getting the rest of this Atomic series.

Thr Dream goes on!!
Groove only ever bang the drum for their own products, so I wouldn't put too much store in a review slating TD. I agree with you ant, SIN is a stormer! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Gary ordered our copy's and not received them up till now :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

SIN's growing on me. It didn't make a great impression on me first time around.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
ant wrote::D I was told by Eastgate that they were starting to post the dvd/cd MFD out on Wednesday 18th April. Haven't received it as I write but I am hoping it will arrive soon.

Thr Dream goes on!!
Groove only ever bang the drum for their own products, so I wouldn't put too much store in a review slating TD. I agree with you ant, SIN is a stormer! :D
I totally agree, they use my reviews as well ;)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

wayfarer wrote:SIN's growing on me. It didn't make a great impression on me first time around.
I had trouble with the first two tracks, but always liked the other four.

The first two have grown on me since, and are very intriguing - at first listen I wrote them off as meandering filler, but there are some very interesting and subtle themes hidden in there. (imho)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

billythefish wrote:
wayfarer wrote:SIN's growing on me. It didn't make a great impression on me first time around.
I had trouble with the first two tracks, but always liked the other four.

The first two have grown on me since, and are very intriguing - at first listen I wrote them off as meandering filler, but there are some very interesting and subtle themes hidden in there. (imho)
I agree. It's more multi-layered than MFD. MFD is good but more instantly gratifying, and just like Chinese food makes me want more TD afterwards! :lol: