Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
har wrote:
Tangerine Dream now having an effect on sub atomic particles and the universe :wink: 8) 8) 8)


They always have done, Har :!: :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
har wrote:
Tangerine Dream now having an effect on sub atomic particles and the universe :wink: 8) 8) 8)


They always have done, Har :!: :)


Agreed :)

With particular cosmic shifts round about the time of Zeit, Phaedra and Force Majeure I believe :wink: :P 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
har wrote:
Now I'm sure I read a post on here last night from someone not liking track3 - Resurrection by the Spirit, due to the inclusion of some cool old stuff. It seems to have vapourised :[/color]
)



Yes the original comments I responded to by Six By Nine seems to have been d-eleted/removed which is a shame as it was a fair enough comment I think.

oh well :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Champigny-sur-Marne, France
Hi,
Well, I've received Finnegan's Wake two weekas go... along with Mona Lisa that I had not ordered before)
A pity I could not include the review in the new issue of Koid'9... but well... we have our deadlines.... and my article abtu Edgar 's solo career plus the reviews of the previous last offerings from TD will be in it.. That'll make a rather long article.... would have been better with Edgar's interview... :(

I really like Finnegan's Wake very much... Right, as somebodsy says more or less, the two firts tracks are atmospheric (I wouldn't say experimental) then the third with the "Ricochet" excerpt is surprising but the best is yet to come... all the rest of the CD is really melodic, inspired mystic sometimes.
It's a pretty varied album, which is what I prefer... Both Edgar and Thorsten composed very good melodies.
And Edgar's guitar playing is pure joy, really....
I know he doesn't read here ; well, I don't think so... but I'm sure people tell him often that he should play more guitar and he did, he did it in a very inspired way. :)
I loved "The Island of The Fay" and this one is of the same level... I'm quite surprised to see such a flow of inspired albums coming at such a fast pace ! We are lucky.... (my wallet is not !)
I love Hermaphrodite, Mother of All Sources, The Warring Forces of The Twins, Everling's Mythical Letter and Three Quarks.... Really strong tracks in different styles. :)

PS : I had not been here in a while and I'm glad to see that Big Moog is back and witty as ever. ;o))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:05 pm
Posts: 484
this is the best in the series so far. it's so refreshing and adventurous. if this was their new direction, i would not object. there is a new found energy in this album, especially after hearing Three Quarks. good lord that's a strong track. TD definitely still has my respect. i haven't been this enthused in a TD release since Metaphor! hell, this might be their best album on Eastgate

and the guitar playing....stunning as always. it shines brightly on Finnegans Wake

_________________
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
Erik wrote:
this is the best in the series so far. it's so refreshing and adventurous. if this was their new direction, i would not object. there is a new found energy in this album, especially after hearing Three Quarks. good lord that's a strong track. TD definitely still has my respect. i haven't been this enthused in a TD release since Metaphor! hell, this might be their best album on Eastgate

and the guitar playing....stunning as always. it shines brightly on Finnegans Wake



Funny you mention Metaphor, I was just saying to a friend the other day that this is still my fave release of recent years, for me this release is the high point that has not been touched since(INMHO of course ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
cantosis wrote:
Erik wrote:
this is the best in the series so far. it's so refreshing and adventurous. if this was their new direction, i would not object. there is a new found energy in this album, especially after hearing Three Quarks. good lord that's a strong track. TD definitely still has my respect. i haven't been this enthused in a TD release since Metaphor! hell, this might be their best album on Eastgate

and the guitar playing....stunning as always. it shines brightly on Finnegans Wake



Funny you mention Metaphor, I was just saying to a friend the other day that this is still my fave release of recent years, for me this release is the high point that has not been touched since(INMHO of course ;-)



metaphor, is a great set of music. underated...or forgotten...which is a pity as its dark edges are really interesting 8)

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
That's spooky, this came round on "random" the other and I'd forgotten how good it was!!!!

_________________
public class Geeks : IEarth { }


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
01. The Sensational Fall Of The Master Builder
02. Finnegans Excessive Wake
03. Resurrection By The Spirit
04. Mother Of All Sources
05. The Warring Forces Of The Twins
06. Three Quarks For Muster Mark
07. Everling's Mythical Letter
08. Hermaphrodite
09. Hunting For Illusions (EXCLUSIVELY BONUS TRACK)
10. Views From A Distant Star (EXCLUSIVELY BONUS TRACK)



8)

It well be released exclusively Along with Angela Aki - Song Book.
So I don’t had to wait for valentine day. :wink:




:!: :arrow:

_________________
Image
https://twitter.com/laserdiscdream
https://plus.google.com/113176733764779995609
http://laserdiscdream.livejournal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:05 pm
Posts: 484
whoa what?

_________________
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
Erik wrote:
whoa what?


Don't worry about it :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3095
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Erik wrote:
whoa what?


Don't worry about it :lol:

Yep, it's the usual non-sense, and if you ask him about it, there is no answer.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Erik wrote:
whoa what?


Don't worry about it :lol:

Yep, it's the usual non-sense, and if you ask him about it, there is no answer.



one needs to tune in and then it makes sense :D


peter, will this be on minidisc?? :wink:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
bigmoog wrote:
Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Erik wrote:
whoa what?


Don't worry about it :lol:

Yep, it's the usual non-sense, and if you ask him about it, there is no answer.



one needs to tune in and then it makes sense :D


peter, will this be on minidisc?? :wink:



I like pete's posts :P 8)

There's been a few crackers..........I always remember the classic reissue of JFs album he posted about...................

"Shiver Me Timer"



:lol:

Keep them coming Peter :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
Keep enjoying the music Peter.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage