The Seven Letters From Tibet

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

I have listened again to this album and its a very emotion drenched listen, especially in headphones.... its real let your thoughts take you elsewhere music :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

bigmoog wrote:I have listened again to this album and its a very emotion drenched listen, especially in headphones.... its real let your thoughts take you elsewhere music :)

I have long shouted about this album, as you say it really needs to be heard in headphones to get full enjoyment.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

bigmoog wrote:I have listened again to this album and its a very emotion drenched listen, especially in headphones.... its real let your thoughts take you elsewhere music :)
Also love TSLFT - especially the opening track The Red Blood Connection :)
"The streets are full of admirable craftsmen, but so few practical dreamers" - Man Rey
24db

Post by 24db »

interesting and rather poignant that the re-release of TLFT is dedicated to Monique (the seven letters?) "As a deeply felt farewell soundtrack for the passing of Monika Froese"
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

24db wrote:interesting and rather poignant that the re-release of TLFT is dedicated to Monique (the seven letters?) "As a deeply felt farewell soundtrack for the passing of Monika Froese"
I didn't know that.

The Seven Letters From Tibet is a beautiful album - one of my top favourite TD albums of the last 25 years. I played it quite often at one point but not much lately. The music reminded me of the track "Lhasa" on the TDI CD : "Quinoa"... There was a subtitle to this track making me think it was only one track in a series in a similar style, without percussion nor sequence, more meditative. I had longed to hear the remaining songs from this series... I missed that kind of meditative, heartfelt moments often in the music of TD in the 90's.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Reminds me a bit of whale music. 8)
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

GlynRichards wrote:Reminds me a bit of whale music. 8)
you mean those cheap albums found at service stations or a garden centrre ? Nah that is a huge insult to an album such as 7 letters
Erik

Post by Erik »

i love those mournful seal-like sounds in The Orange Breathe. i'm not sure what instrument that is, perhaps a flute
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
Also love TSLFT - especially the opening track The Red Blood Connection :)

superb track, very cinematic and dark round the edges. 8)
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

The first letter is phenomenal. The next four letters are exquisite 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
Erik

Post by Erik »

is there a reason behind the album's name?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Erik wrote:is there a reason behind the album's name?
wondered about that me self.. :?:
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

:?:
In musical notation there are seven letters, A to G.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_notation

Also maybe some sort of analogy with the colour names in the titles?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

tdfan wrote:
:?:
In musical notation there are seven letters, A to G.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_notation

Also maybe some sort of analogy with the colour names in the titles?
I always assumed it was to do with the colours of the rainbow.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

I like tracks 2, 3 and 4 on this album. The remaining 4 tracks are totally uninteresting for me, I have to admit. Typical meandering Edgar Froese stuff. That 14 minute track for instance, yaaawn.

But I'm glad other people fully manages to enjoy this disc.