The Seven Letters From Tibet

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

sparrow wrote:
GWOC is nothing like SLFT Har....but is still a good album.
Cheers Sparrow, yet another one to track down :)
timer

Post by timer »

We gave this a listen the other night , and I must say that strangely I wasn't taken with it at all. :shock:

I will admit that it hasn't had many more than five plays since we got it, I'll give it a go in a few weeks
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:We gave this a listen the other night , and I must say that strangely I wasn't taken with it at all. :shock:

I will admit that it hasn't had many more than five plays since we got it, I'll give it a go in a few weeks
Maybe it just isn`t for you, sometimes that happens. There are a few albums from TD that don`t click with me.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

cantosis wrote:Maybe it just isn`t for you, sometimes that happens.
Good point Matt :arrow:

with TD's enormous output over the years you can't expect that you will find ALL the albums equally brilliant - there are just a few that I have "problems" with as well... :? :oops:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

To be honest i'm not a fan of all of TD's work there are a some albums
i've only listened to a couple of times. :oops:

But i know what i like :wink:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
hansx

Post by hansx »

It was a while ago that I listened to this one. Almost forgot how it sounded. For some reason it struck me now. It is better than I remembered. I played it louder than I usually do. Especially I like the first two songs. The Green land is beautifull with the piano. Think this one will drop by again in the next weeks.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

hansx wrote:It was a while ago that I listened to this one. Almost forgot how it sounded. For some reason it struck me now. It is better than I remembered. I played it louder than I usually do. Especially I like the first two songs. The Green land is beautifull with the piano. Think this one will drop by again in the next weeks.
Seven Letters is Top Notch! A fantastic album given the right mood.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

TheMan wrote:
hansx wrote:It was a while ago that I listened to this one. Almost forgot how it sounded. For some reason it struck me now. It is better than I remembered. I played it louder than I usually do. Especially I like the first two songs. The Green land is beautifull with the piano. Think this one will drop by again in the next weeks.
I got this today. Heard it many years ago, but did not remember how good it is. Just listened to the opening track The Red Blood Connection. I thought struck me then: Would not this particular track be an extremely majestic concert opener? That was what I thought when I sat down and listened to those 4 minutes and 48 seconds. Wow!

PS. I got the Membran release. Very nice to have a re-mastered version, but although most of the Membran releases have nice covers I think that the blue original cover for this one is more beautiful. It is also a bit annoying that the album title and band name are written upside down on the back (the slim side facing out when it is on the CD shelves, don't know what it's called in English).
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Insvims wrote:
TheMan wrote:
I got this today. Heard it many years ago, but did not remember how good it is. Just listened to the opening track The Red Blood Connection. I thought struck me then: Would not this particular track be an extremely majestic concert opener? That was what I thought when I sat down and listened to those 4 minutes and 48 seconds. Wow!

PS. I got the Membran release. Very nice to have a re-mastered version, but although most of the Membran releases have nice covers I think that the blue original cover for this one is more beautiful. It is also a bit annoying that the album title and band name are written upside down on the back (the slim side facing out when it is on the CD shelves, don't know what it's called in English).
I remember buying the SLFT in a CD/T-Shirt package and always loved the albums subtle tones.........I agree with you on "The Red Blood Connection" sentiments,that would be a fine opener 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Insvims wrote:
TheMan wrote:

I thought the same thing. Those Membran releases look terrible on my CD rack. the Tangerine Dream name is revered. Such a silly mistake!!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Awesome album, top notch from Mr froese, I like the t-shirt as well ;-)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I have a t-shirt as well. With two hands on it. Ordered it separately a couple of years ago.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

I also bought the Membran release today (I like those Digipacks...) but it seems that the track listed as The Golden Head here is in fact The Golden
Heart as on the original version,
It is a good track, for sure, but I already have it on Axiat and would have preferred The Golden Head, as it seems to be not available anywhere else yet?
Should have checked Voices in the Net beforehand, it is mentioned there...

A nice album in any case, though.
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

multivit72 wrote:I also bought the Membran release today (I like those Digipacks...) but it seems that the track listed as The Golden Head here is in fact The Golden
Heart as on the original version,
It is a good track, for sure, but I already have it on Axiat and would have preferred The Golden Head, as it seems to be not available anywhere else yet?
Very annoying! I too bought the Membran release, because I thought I would actually get what I paid for. But I just got the same album once more. :roll:

So far The Golden Head is only available on the download version.
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Is funny, I just started to listen to this today again and then started thinking about whale music. Then I looked back though the comments and I'd already made one about whale music!!!

Superb album though.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }