The News About Edgar

drunkenmozart
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: The News About Edgar

Post by drunkenmozart »

What can I say ? A huge part of my my life has gone forever.

Edgar, I will miss you. Farewell.
Goseba

Post by Goseba »

I was shocked to see this news just now. TD have also been the soundtrack to my life too. Edgar will be greatly missed.
My thoughts are with Jerome, Bianca, family and friends.
Jon

Post by Jon »

A total shock. My number 1 musical hero. Ever.

His music lives on. Forever.
Altfeld

Post by Altfeld »

Just read the newsletter and I am totally shocked. I really can´t believe this truth. One of my musical heroes for more than 30 years has gone forever? No, that can´t be true :-(
Thank you so much, Edgar, for all the countless hours of travelling in a fantasy world with your wonderful music. Thank you forever. :cry:
goozer

Post by goozer »

Upon hearing Tangerine Dream's seminal masterpiece Rubycon, my perception of and appreciation for music was forever changed. Consequently, his band's music has been the main score to my life for the past 32+ years. Rest In Peace, Edgar. You belong to the Ages now.
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
32 years + counting

Post by 32 years + counting »

Feel so incredibly sad.

For 38 years Edgar & TD have been such a precious and constant touchstone in my life.

My thoughts and wishes go out to Jerome, Bianca, and all the band, both past and present.

From the bottom of my heart: thank you...for everything you did.
studio35d

Post by studio35d »

Terrible to be reading this news as the first thing today, after our internet connection was established at our location here in China this morning.

Edgar has meant a lot to all of as in this platform. I think each of us can still remember the first time hearing TD or EF music for the first time of his/her life. It immediately feels as if you are connected to him.

Edgar will still remain connecting us, wherever he is.
In the mean time, may he rest in peace.
Studio35D = Rene Splinter
www.renesplinter.com
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

Just found an article in German about Edgar and David Bowie.

It just shows who the person is Edgar.
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/inter ... 46268.html
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/bezir ... 802-2.html
Last edited by pb2rdf on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ger-TD-Fan

Post by Ger-TD-Fan »

I also was very shocked about the last newsletter. Is this really true ? I can't imagine that Edgar left us :-(
In 1979 I listened TD for first time at a friend (album: concert ENCORE).
This was the begin since I became a TD fan (I was 15). The first new album I bought was TANGRAM.
There was no other band of this special style of music and it was more than music.
The whole music of TANGERINE DREAM was part of my life and will be continue !
Thank you Edgar for this masterpiece !!
Axel

Post by Axel »

Edgar Froese and Tangerine Dream are a big part of the soundtrack of my life since "Zeit" was published.
His work is immortal.
logos

Post by logos »

One of the saddest news I could hear...

From 1980 TD music has been a part of my life, is a part of my life and will be a par of my life forever.

My sincere condolences to Bianca, Jerome, current and past band members and to all of the true TD fans worlwide.

More than ever the DREAM is always the same... and will always be the SAME

Thank you Edgar for all of your music and very good times I had during all of the concerts that I was able to attend, I will miss you.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

I'm so sad to hear this news. My thoughts are with Bianca, Jerome and all of you at Eastgate
paul wood

Post by paul wood »

I can only add my heartfelt thoughts to all the postings above. A truly sad loss from a unique musician & artist. I shall miss the semi-regular pilgrimages that I and one of my best & oldest friends used to undertake to spend a few hours in his company at the Shepherds Bush Empire, the Astoria, the Lowry, the Forum, etc. And I shall never forget seeing Edgar & TD for the very first time at Manchester Apollo in 1982 and the experience of hearing the powerful opening moments of the legendary Logos set.

Surely a tribute concert of some kind, possibly led by Thorsten & featuring former members of the band, would be a great ay to honour the memory of such an amazing individual?
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

So sad about this. My deepest condolences to Bianca and Jerome.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

0200 hours last night, lying in bed listening to an album I like very much - Jeanne D'Arc..........

La Solitude Dans l'Espoir into La Marche. Very moving but uplifting also. Tears streaming down onto the pillow.

I still can't believe this, I am totally gutted. Even my kids are upset as I constantly spoke about the greatness of Edgar and the mighty TD. The music constantly forming part of all our lives.

Thoughts are with Edgar's family, friends, all band members and all TD fans.

The music lives on for ever.

RIP Edgar