Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Members & Guests
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:16 pm 

:) Just bought the first season of Fear the Walking Dead and noticed that Paul Haslinger has done the music for it. Sounds quite good but I cannot see a 'soundtrack' release of it yet. Anybody have an idea if it is available anywhere? :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:56 pm 

ant wrote:
:) Just bought the first season of Fear the Walking Dead and noticed that Paul Haslinger has done the music for it. Sounds quite good but I cannot see a 'soundtrack' release of it yet. Anybody have an idea if it is available anywhere? :)

You've probably seen this already, but there are some (short) clips on Paul's website

http://www.haslinger.com/project/fear-the-walking-dead/

Doesn't seem like there is a CD or DL however....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:44 pm 

:) Yes I had seen those short clips, but thanks anyway. Maybe there is not enough to put on a cd, especially if they are all short like that. Anyway, it is good to see he is still active. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:00 pm 

Seems to have a few projects on the go.

I guess most soundtrack stuff will be shorter tracks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:09 pm 

Hi,

Haven't heard this yet, and won't say anything until I do, but on a similar thread, when Chris Franke was doing music for Babylon 5, for the most part, it was horribly used and totally misdirected and unfocused, to the point that I felt the music was incidental, and one can only hope that in this case it is used better ... but for a TV show, in general, most of the music used is secondary and not always worthy of its inclusion ... other than just add to the make believe side of the show.

I've always enjoyed the Babylon 5 music, sometimes a lot better than the show itself which wasted some great opportunities to use it, but I doubt that those folks had the ear for music, to do so.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:24 pm 

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Seems to have a few projects on the go.

I guess most soundtrack stuff will be shorter tracks

It all depends on how the album is put together. It's quite popular to make short tracks into longer suites.

Here is an interview with Haslinger about FTWD:

http://musiquefantastique.com/paul-hasl ... king-dead/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:31 pm 

I missed this thread when it was posted.

I have just been watching Season 1 of Fear the Walking Dead and my eyes popped out my head when I saw the music was by Mr Haslinger. Great series and music so far.

Decided to watch it to get tuned up and appropriately zombified for the new Walking Dead that is starting very soon 8)

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Members & Guests All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: