WHEN & HOW DID YOU BECOME A TD FAN?

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

Pertou wrote:
Jollyhawker wrote:
Pertou wrote:Read my review of Rubycon!
Yeah nice site Pertou! I am amazed that it was Rubycon that got you into Tangerine Dream as late as 2002! - COOL!
Neil. :shock:
:D 8)

It seems that Rubycon is an effective way to introduce people to the band?
Id personally agree with that, although Ive found more people receptive to Logos,
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

It was late 79 my mate and I were buying anything electronic after getting hooked on Equinoxe, He got hold of Force Majeure loved it the rest is history although it might have been a different story if he had got a earlier album first.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

My first experience with TD was when my brother gave me a copy of Rubycon. He'd just come back from an exchange trip to France and it was the only thing he could see in the shops that he thought I might like. At the time I was a huge Zep, Floyd,Yes and Purple fan and Tangerine Dream was about the closest thing he could find to them in the French record shops.

I put the record on and was not impressed. There was all this choral wailing stuff, monotonous bass rhythms, violin drones and waves crashing on a shore. What the chuff!!! What's happened to the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-verse-chorus-fade. Where's the chuffing guitar solo or, failing that, keyboard solo. Well at least there's no drum solo.

Said "errrr...thanks" to my brother and put the damn thing away and tried to forget about it.

Except of course it kept finding its way onto the record player (remember them). It became a bit of a guilty pleasure. God help me if any of my mates had caught me listening to it.

Obviously, with time, I saw the error of my ways and started investing in the rest of the TD catalogue. I actually became proud of the fact I liked a band that nobody else seemed capable of fathoming.
timer

Post by timer »

Have to agree Chris I always got a sinister satisfaction out of liking the band no one else understood.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

My First Experience with Tangerine Dream Music I Start it Listening too Then Since
I was 14 Years old I Order at company call Miramar Recording in Seattle I use too order from there a lot.
The First CD I Bought was Canyon Dreams it O.K. then few months later again I Bought another Tangerine Dream CD
It was Tyranny of Beauty this time it sound it Better & Great Music.
Rockoon was the Very Best Music TD That Ever Made First time on Video I Bought was Three Phase on Laser Disk.
I Like The Newer Material Textures New Sound What Tangerine Dream did Sound it Way Better And I Hope Good TD Music.
Back Then I was a Big Fan of TD Tell Now I’m Not Part of then TD Music anymore now starting too Listen a Little bit of TD one at the time.
The Good news is I’m fan of “Jerome Froese” Music I Been Listening to Tangerine Dream Music for almost 11 Years.
Last Year I Close The Book of The Tangerine Dream Years Now of Fan of “Angela Aki” she Sing with sound it More then
Modern New Age Music for J-Pop Version it sound more better then TD Music so anyway.
It time too move on too some another music.

Your Truth :!: :arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
homeless

Post by homeless »

timer wrote:Have to agree Chris I always got a sinister satisfaction out of liking the band no one else understood.
How true and ubiquitous

8)

homeless
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

March 1978, RAF basic training, i heard coldwater canyon from another bloke's cassette player: i was hooked. never had i heard anything so sublime, and never since.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

Hello to everyone,
I'm new on this forum but I'm Tangerine Dreamer since 1996, were I heard on the radio a segment from "Rubycon part II" and since then, never looked back!
Although I remember back in 1983, that in the tv news had presentations from the Athens Lycavetus concert. I remember I was impressed by seeing those men with the huge racks around them and the big projection circle behind them. I was 10 years old back then, and since my mother was (and is) big JM Jarre fan, the electronic music sound was a familiar thing for me.
These days I'm listening ALOT to "Mars Polaris" by the way.....
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming :D

Nick-Greece
Janus

Post by Janus »

Hi Nick

Welcome to the forum great to have you here :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Welcome to the forum Nick,good to have you here 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

timer wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Jollyhawker wrote: Yeah nice site Pertou! I am amazed that it was Rubycon that got you into Tangerine Dream as late as 2002! - COOL!
Neil. :shock:
:D 8)

It seems that Rubycon is an effective way to introduce people to the band?
Id personally agree with that, although Ive found more people receptive to Logos,
I'm sure that Madcap's Flaming Duty would be the very best one to introduce someone new to TD.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Desert_Voyager wrote: I'm sure that Madcap's Flaming Duty would be the very best one to introduce someone new to TD.
Definite agreement there Jason. Summertime in Nagasaki too.

BTW - welcome to the forum Nick - the early eighties is my favourite era of TD's.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

thanks everyone for the warm welcome,
after all, I can't decide which TD era is my favorite -70's? 80's? -90's? -00's?
4 decades almost of TD -Maybe their real impact was from 1970 untill early 80's and are my most favorite ages to be honest.
BTW TD were more famous in Greece in the late 70's early 80's, than now
-think that the 1997 concert here, was canceled due to poor ticket sales much to our disappointment :?

Anyway let's go everyone and do a vote to coax Edgar Froese to release a book about TD
And to include A LOT technical info about TD equipment PLEASE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Nick-Greece

P.S. Our sympathies to everyone in England that was struct by these big floods
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

when :before I understood

the how : by being open to oscillating musical magic created by frightening adults with out there insight into the meaning of no holds barred creativity
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

welcome to the forum Nick

I seem to remember I have a flyer from that 97 Greece gig somewhere: