Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Tangram wrote:
My belated condolensces.

I think that Scarlet Score For Mescalero from Stuntman is the saddest track ever, always brings a tear to my eye.

Not been around too much lately and would like to express my personal condolences.

Strangely I was listening to Scarlet Score today, in fact I was doing a bit of a trawl through EF's back-catalogue, and found it to be quite uplifting....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
Largo from Tyranny of Beauty is a sad one. Also Death of a Nightingale & Midwinter Nigtht from Turn of the Tides.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
United Goblins Parade.
La Joie
Talking To Maddox
La Force du Courage
Twenty Nine Palms
Death of a nightingale (and that otherone from TOTT)

Are the ones that get me everytim.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:29 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Derbyshire
The last three or four minutes of Madrigal Meridian from Cyclone. Slightly at odds with the rest of the composition but wonderfully melodic and simple.
Just perfect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
nightmare strand wrote:
The last three or four minutes of Madrigal Meridian from Cyclone. Slightly at odds with the rest of the composition but wonderfully melodic and simple.
Just perfect.


I know what you mean by this it feels sad as the meridian is finished for yet another year.

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
I remember hearing La Joie from JD'A for the first time. I almost cried because the lead melody was so beautiful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
sparrow wrote:
I remember hearing La Joie from JD'A for the first time. I almost cried because the lead melody was so beautiful.


A very touching piece of music from IMHO a very fine album 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:50 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Springtime on my ATV-deepwoods
Everytime I here RemoteViewing, it brings me back to 1981 and my apartment fire I almost died in... :cry: Found Exit in a heap of ashes the next day. The album was destroyed but remoteviewing played back without a flaw. :? No other TD song creates more emotion for me than this one.

_________________
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:29 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Derbyshire
IMHO the best rack on Exit. Can't describe exactly what emotions it conjures up, but I always feel an overwhelming sense of calm and become strangely detached from what I'm doing at the time when it's played. Tend to find its an excellent stress buster at work. Schmoelling's Fluid Memories For Flo has a similar effect tho the two tracks have little in common in terms of style.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:22 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Sweden
"Charly The Kid" is a very sad & moody song, in fact it's the best song in TD 's history book :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:45 pm
Posts: 177
I think Charly the kid is great too. I was very disappointed when the track was listed on the Tempodrome DVD in error


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
HYPERBOREA wrote:
I think Charly the kid is great too. I was very disappointed when the track was listed on the Tempodrome DVD in error

I just don't understand how such a mistake can get made regarding the index of Tempodrome DVD !

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:22 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Sweden
Desert_Voyager wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:
I think Charly the kid is great too. I was very disappointed when the track was listed on the Tempodrome DVD in error

I just don't understand how such a mistake can get made regarding the index of Tempodrome DVD !


I also expected to hear Charly the Kid when I ordered the Tempodrome DVD. Well, sometimes I wish I never bought this Live concert since I ordered it mostly because of that particular song :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
razor wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:
I think Charly the kid is great too. I was very disappointed when the track was listed on the Tempodrome DVD in error

I just don't understand how such a mistake can get made regarding the index of Tempodrome DVD !


I also expected to hear Charly the Kid when I ordered the Tempodrome DVD. Well, sometimes I wish I never bought this Live concert since I ordered it mostly because of that particular song :)


Charly The Kid or not, it's still a fine dvd, of a great concert!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
Hobo wrote:
razor wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:
I think Charly the kid is great too. I was very disappointed when the track was listed on the Tempodrome DVD in error

I just don't understand how such a mistake can get made regarding the index of Tempodrome DVD !


I also expected to hear Charly the Kid when I ordered the Tempodrome DVD. Well, sometimes I wish I never bought this Live concert since I ordered it mostly because of that particular song :)


Charly The Kid or not, it's still a fine dvd, of a great concert!

It certainly is very fine Mick, but I just think it would have been nice to have had Charly....

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage