MACULAR TRANSFER

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

I do like the Macula rework JP,but still prefer the original....... :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

original recording=immaculate and perfect

reworked/froese-an-tized/re-recorded= quite nice for 'now',but in no way 'better'.....no way
...The wise.....are silent.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

bigmoog wrote:original recording=immaculate and perfect

reworked/froese-an-tized/re-recorded= quite nice for 'now',but in no way 'better'.....no way
Remember, I didn't live in the seventies, there's nothing nostalgic for me listening to the 'original' releases.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

listening to original music is in no way nostalgia for me....as the music sits outside nostalgic memories, i played mt today and it sounded as ever, of itself...very now....because i played it today,to enjoy.
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:listening to original music is in no way nostalgia for me....as the music sits outside nostalgic memories, i played mt today and it sounded as ever, of itself...very now....because i played it today,to enjoy.
Enjoying and appreciating what you like as an individual is the most important thing,if we all felt the same life would be terribley boring.....im with you all the way on the MT original :arrow,but obviously for someone who had not heard it in the 70s 80s or even 90s it could be a whole lot different ball game.........Its a superb album tho IMHO 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:I do like the Macula rework JP,but still prefer the original....... :wink:
I like the new version of Macula and it's given me a great appreciation of the original version which I didn't real like all that much when it was released.
24db

Post by 24db »

Unsual the original never got a UK release, considering Virgins great marketing of EIMP and Ages
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Unsual the original never got a UK release, considering Virgins great marketing of EIMP and Ages
Please don't tell me that I had an ultra rare import that's worth large amounts of cash today because I got rid of it ages ago. :cry:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Unsual the original never got a UK release, considering Virgins great marketing of EIMP and Ages
Abysmal marketing by Virgin on those CDs :oops: :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Please don't tell me that I had an ultra rare import that's worth large amounts of cash today because I got rid of it ages ago. :cry:
it's not reallly rare Chris, I'd say you can buy one for about £12-20...perhaps a bit more or a bit less.

The Manikin CD is probably the most collectible version at the moment
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
it's not reallly rare Chris, I'd say you can buy one for about £12-20...perhaps a bit more or a bit less.

What at £9:99 on ebay at present !
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Please don't tell me that I had an ultra rare import that's worth large amounts of cash today because I got rid of it ages ago. :cry:

Counterfeit Tim.............Counterfeit :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Please don't tell me that I had an ultra rare import that's worth large amounts of cash today because I got rid of it ages ago. :cry:

I seem to remember mine was £7.99 in Old Town Records (RIP)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Lucky You mate............if you got a manikin original for that you did very well 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Lucky You mate............if you got a manikin original for that you did very well 8)
eh? no mate, it was the black vinyly fing, with the 'ole in the middle.

I bought the Manikin one brand new from CDS or SMD at the time...£12.99? something like that