MACULAR TRANSFER

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I downloaded the new version of Quantas 611 from the TD website, I love it. Hey, I even found a review at SMD which I can agree with about this track, it said, "Quantas 611 is a very beautiful piece, very relaxed, and in rather marked contrast to the pieces that precede it.".
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i agree
...The wise.....are silent.....
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I downloaded the new version of Quantas 611 from the TD website, I love it. Hey, I even found a review at SMD which I can agree with about this track, it said, "Quantas 611 is a very beautiful piece, very relaxed, and in rather marked contrast to the pieces that precede it.".
Strange, the SMD newsletter I received mentioned that Quantas 611 is belted out by Froese like a walrus stuck under a fallen elevator.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:I downloaded the new version of Quantas 611 from the TD website, I love it. Hey, I even found a review at SMD which I can agree with about this track, it said, "Quantas 611 is a very beautiful piece, very relaxed, and in rather marked contrast to the pieces that precede it.".
Strange, the SMD newsletter I received mentioned that Quantas 611 is belted out by Froese like a walrus stuck under a fallen elevator.
Here is the link to the SMD review. http://www.synthmusicdirect.com/macula2.cfm
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Nothing about Walrus's in that review. Peculiar.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
rattymouse wrote: Strange, the SMD newsletter I received mentioned that Quantas 611 is belted out by Froese like a walrus stuck under a fallen elevator.
First it's a rhino falling down a flight of stairs, and now it's a walrus stuck under an elevator. Rattymouse, I'm surprised the RSPCA doesn't come after you. :P :shock:
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Yeah, I have the 2005 re-recorded version and have never heard the original recording. Got to admit it's quite an enjoyable listen - might go and put it on now that you have mentioned it!

:D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

rotwang wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: Here is the link to the SMD review. http://www.synthmusicdirect.com/macula2.cfm
First it's a rhino falling down a flight of stairs, and now it's a walrus stuck under an elevator. Rattymouse, I'm surprised the RSPCA doesn't come after you. :P :shock:
I'm a 7 year vegetarian with a life long interest in animals. I'd never advocate hurting animals in any way, shape, or form. I assume that these expressions are just used to convey a very specific meaning and not to try to get people to recreate the sounds.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

I'm so glad I bought the vinyl record when I did. I always knew it was rather hard to find, but I had no idea it was quite this rare. I have no problem with the content. In fact, I find most of it to be some of EF's best work.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I own the re rec and two original vinyl copies of this great album. I love it. It's so simply put together but the feel of the whole record floats my boat.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

sparrow wrote:I own the re rec and two original vinyl copies of this great album. I love it. It's so simply put together but the feel of the whole record floats my boat.
I like the original much better. To me the rerecording sounds somewhat cathartic, like a grain elevator collapsed upon a moose that suffered from autism.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

rattymouse wrote:
sparrow wrote:I own the re rec and two original vinyl copies of this great album. I love it. It's so simply put together but the feel of the whole record floats my boat.
I like the original much better. To me the rerecording sounds somewhat cathartic, like a grain elevator collapsed upon a moose that suffered from autism.
BRUTAL..... :wink: :D
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

sparrow wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Today I've been played the original next to the re-recording. I heard the re-recording more than a year before the original, which a kind guy sent me on a tape late 2006. I transfered it to CDR, but today I had an oppurtunity to finally listen to a proper version of the release, the one from Manikin.

TBH, I think the re-recording appeals more to me!
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
sparrow wrote:
rattymouse wrote: I like the original much better. To me the rerecording sounds somewhat cathartic, like a grain elevator collapsed upon a moose that suffered from autism.
Today I've been played the original next to the re-recording. I heard the re-recording more than a year before the original, which a kind guy sent me on a tape late 2006. I transfered it to CDR, but today I had an oppurtunity to finally listen to a proper version of the release, the one from Manikin.

TBH, I think the re-recording appeals more to me!
good man :)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

It's really weird. I give higher ratings to the originals of Aqua, EIMP and MT, but I think it's because I consider the originals more 'original' in terms of artistic qualities and inventiveness, despite the fact I enjoy listening to the re-recordings even more.

However, Stuntman, Pinnacles and Ages, did not go well, with banana (or severe edits), IMHO.