YPSILON IN MALAYSIAN PALE

DSJR
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by DSJR »

This one case where I don't care about the recording or production. Track 2 is one of my all time favourite tracks EVER...

It would be nice for Virgin to allow Edgar his masters back though, so he can re-do the originals properly.
timer

Post by timer »

DSJR wrote:This one case where I don't care about the recording or production. Track 2 is one of my all time favourite tracks EVER...

It would be nice for Virgin to allow Edgar his masters back though, so he can re-do the originals properly.
Agreed, it's not as if Virgin are doing anything with them themselves !
Otherwise I may not have forked out £** for EMIP of Fleas Bay ! Worth every single penny though. :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
DSJR wrote:This one case where I don't care about the recording or production. Track 2 is one of my all time favourite tracks EVER...

Otherwise I may not have forked out £** for EMIP of Fleas Bay ! Worth every single penny though. :)
CJ the master spotter of EF Virgin CDs :twisted: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:

CJ the master spotter of EF Virgin CDs :twisted: :wink:[/quot

You most certainly are my friend, much its appreciated too - cheers 8) :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote: Agreed, it's not as if Virgin are doing anything with them themselves !
CJ the master spotter of EF Virgin CDs :twisted: :wink:[/quot

You most certainly are my friend, much its appreciated too - cheers 8) :D
You are as always welcome,we are here to help each other :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

this one is not my most favorit one. Like the title track more Maroubra Bay. But a little dusting couldn't be hurd, I think. :wink:
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Probably been discussed before but why was the original Virgin LP called 'Epsilon' and the Brain/Metronome re-release LP called 'Ypsilon'? After all Brain didn't change the name of Aqua when they re-released that at the same time.
24db

Post by 24db »

Scorpion wrote:Probably been discussed before but why was the original Virgin LP called 'Epsilon' and the Brain/Metronome re-release LP called 'Ypsilon'? After all Brain didn't change the name of Aqua when they re-released that at the same time.
I think so.
BTW Brain did use a different mix when they released Aqua
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

"EIMP" (the original, that is) is probably my all time favourite EM album.

The same goes for the gatefold LP-cover with the picture of the VERY young JF inside...
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

the orginal Espilon In Malaysian Pale is a legendary album...probably the best but how hard it is to find on cd.
I got the 2005 (?)version and as good as it is, its not THE orginal!
In the same way Phaedra 2005 isnt if that makes sense?

And while we're on the subject, Johannes Schmoellings The Zoo Of Tranquility on the Theta label is another lost classic. Re-recorded by Johannes a few years back but i do miss the majesty & unrivaled oddness of the full length version of The Wedding Cake!

Id remortgage my home to have originals of Espilon & Zoo of Tranquility! :-)

(i know someone who has the latter and he wont give it up!)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

'Ypsilon' is technically the correct english spelling of 'epsilon', both pronounced ipsilon or eeepsilon, although the greek pronounciation I leave to theo (batman) et al.

EIMP/YIMP as you know is in the top ten all time greatest :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:'Ypsilon' is technically the correct english spelling of 'epsilon', both pronounced ipsilon or eeepsilon, although the greek pronounciation I leave to theo (batman) et al.

Undoubtedly in my top 3 of all time 8) :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:'Ypsilon' is technically the correct english spelling of 'epsilon', both pronounced ipsilon or eeepsilon, although the greek pronounciation I leave to theo (batman) et al.

Don't know much about how it should be spelt but in college it was always spelt Epsilon.

The only other time I've come across this word was whilst reading Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Epsilon's were a type of clone used to do all the menial tasks, a sort of sub-species. I often wonder whether this was where Edgar got the idea for the title.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

just remembered that upsilon is ypsilon and epsilon is epsilon

need a greek alphabet refresh :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I have the original on both CD and LP. I always find the LP to be better sounding the virgin CD is very muddy and theres a lot of hiss.