Quichotte

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Quichotte

Post by Pertou »

Now playing Quichotte LP - cyan labels with black fonts. Near mint condition, perfect dynamic range, a stunner of a recording.

Bought today for 12 Euros at record fair... I also have the one with bordeaux labels and silver fonts... and the Pergamon LPs and CD's... as the guy I bought it from noticed, "oh you're a collector!"

It seemed he went to a Hammersmith gig in 1978, but didn't really like all the electronics and stuff. When he later mentioned Amy Winehouse, I had to politely dismiss the conversation. Not even the slightest of interest, when I mentioned I had recordings of the shows... I was in shock!

I play side two now, such power in a perfect guitar / sequencer interaction, is just wonderful. I lap up every anecdote from this concert, it was truly legendary! 9/10
24db

Re: Quichotte

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Now playing Quichotte LP - cyan labels with black fonts. Near mint condition, perfect dynamic range, a stunner of a recording.

Bought today for 12 Euros at record fair... I also have the one with bordeaux labels and silver fonts... and the Pergamon LPs and CD's... as the guy I bought it from noticed, "oh you're a collector!"

It seemed he went to a Hammersmith gig in 1978, but didn't really like all the electronics and stuff. When he later mentioned Amy Winehouse, I had to politely dismiss the conversation. Not even the slightest of interest, when I mentioned I had recordings of the shows... I was in shock!

I play side two now, such power in a perfect guitar / sequencer interaction, is just wonderful. I lap up every anecdote from this concert, it was truly legendary! 9/10
Ah...the second issue :) one of my relatives sent me this from East Germany...nice record that
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

How could anyone disagree.............Johannes first concert recorded at the Palast der Republik which is in many peoples eyes is a truly legendary show :arrow: amazing listening from start to finish IMHO :arrow: i would love to see the official GDR TV footage of this show 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Truely valued Record & CD in my TD collection.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I love this one too. I remember paying a lot of cash for this way back. My Dad was not pleased as he had to buy me fags for the rest of the week.. :oops:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Pertou wrote:Now playing Quichotte LP - cyan labels with black fonts. Near mint condition, perfect dynamic range, a stunner of a recording.

One wonders why it is not a 10/10.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

rattymouse wrote:One wonders why it is not a 10/10.
It's not a Force Majeure or Rubycon, I think.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Have Both Format on Vinyl and CD for

Quichotte on Lp

Pergamon on LP & Compact Disc.

:!: :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:I love this one too. I remember paying a lot of cash for this way back. My Dad was not pleased as he had to buy me fags for the rest of the week.. :oops:
Me too. I had to wait years before I could find a copy I could afford. Worth every penny though. It's one of those albums you have to listen to from beginning to end. It'd be good to have the whole concert on CD ....or, even better, DVD.

It'd be great to see Froese, Schmoelling and ....er the other one, again, playing live in the early 80s.
timer

Post by timer »

There's been a couple of the original Amiga record pressings fo this on EBAY recently - silly money though !.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:There's been a couple of the original Amiga record pressings fo this on EBAY recently - silly money though !.
I had both the red and blue label pressings ,you can usually pick these up on the German ebay very cheaply :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
batman

Post by batman »

The Tangram Live......
Excellent album....... :wink:
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Quichotte....................one of the many Tang masterpieces
...The wise.....are silent.....
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

epsilon75 wrote:How could anyone disagree.............Johannes first concert recorded at the Palast der Republik which is in many peoples eyes is a truly legendary show :arrow: amazing listening from start to finish IMHO :arrow: i would love to see the official GDR TV footage of this show 8)
There's an idea for an official DVD release on this website, it would be great to see some of the older concerts released via Eastgate.

I wonder if Edgar could get the rights from GDR :roll:
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Froesesque wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:How could anyone disagree.............Johannes first concert recorded at the Palast der Republik which is in many peoples eyes is a truly legendary show :arrow: amazing listening from start to finish IMHO :arrow: i would love to see the official GDR TV footage of this show 8)
There's an idea for an official DVD release on this website, it would be great to see some of the older concerts released via Eastgate.

I wonder if Edgar could get the rights from GDR :roll:
We've been banging on about this very subject for ages, on this and the previous forum, but nothings happened. I'm guessing that if Edgar could he probably would have by now.....

...I still live in hope though.