THIEF

batman
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

THIEF

Post by batman »

THIEF

is a 1981 noir crime drama written and directed by Michael Mann, based on the novel The Home Invaders by "Frank Hohimer". The music score from TD is excellent. The album version of "Dr. Destructo" is quite different from the film version. "Igneous" is a remix of "Thru Metamorphic Rocks" from the 1979 album Force Majeure. Neither "Beach Theme" nor "Trap Feeling" appear in the film.
Last edited by batman on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
timer

Post by timer »

Agreat TD soundtrack and the movie aint half bad either, TD and the film go very well toether like Sorcerer
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Totally Awesome soundtrack which is undoubtedly im my top two soundtracks by the band............. 8) i really enjoyed the film to......the Diamond Diary opening is just great :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Great soundtrack, very good film! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

"If I wanna meet people, I'll go to a fucking country club"
I find the movie very boring, but the album is excellent. It was a bit of an anti climax to see a fat James Belushi swimming, to the tune of Beach Scene...
batman

Post by batman »

Pertou wrote:
"If I wanna meet people, I'll go to a fucking country club"
I find the movie very boring, but the album is excellent. It was a bit of an anti climax to see a fat James Belushi swimming, to the tune of Beach
Scene...
Is a noir style Pertou.....
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Good soundtrack. My DVD of the movie is still wrapped in cellophane somewhere in me house. Where....?? ask me wife she who knows where everything is....NOT :lol:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I also have on Tee Dee D Edition. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I have the japanese release of Thief CDV 2198. :P

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
luigi

Post by luigi »

epsilon75 wrote:Totally Awesome soundtrack which is undoubtedly im my top two soundtracks by the band............. 8) i really enjoyed the film to......the Diamond Diary opening is just great :arrow:
in my opinion the movie is a bit obsolete for the time going on now but the soundtrack is still fresh & brilliant ....of course
8) :P
'if you listen you can hear it
the city - it sings....'
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

I watched the Thief dvd last night, not having seen the film since I bought it on VHS years ago. Wow, is this the slowest movie ever or what? Don't get me wrong, I love the music but there was a lot of space in the movie where music could have been used but wasn't! I noticed how the version of Dr Destructo used in the film is quite different to the version on the soundtrack. Any thoughts?
24db

Post by 24db »

TangFanIRL wrote:I watched the Thief dvd last night, not having seen the film since I bought it on VHS years ago. Wow, is this the slowest movie ever or what? Don't get me wrong, I love the music but there was a lot of space in the movie where music could have been used but wasn't! I noticed how the version of Dr Destructo used in the film is quite different to the version on the soundtrack. Any thoughts?
all TD soundtracks are mate...they recorded 30 or 40 small musical cues for the film and then re-recorded things for the album
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

A slow movie imo, but a great movie imo. James Caan, a great actor. The soundtrack "Thief" was my intro into the world of TD. I actually listened to the soundtrack first, before watching the movie.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

tdream4ever wrote:A slow movie imo, but a great movie imo. James Caan, a great actor. The soundtrack "Thief" was my intro into the world of TD. I actually listened to the soundtrack first, before watching the movie.
Ditto. Mind you I quite like films that are placed a little differently. My fave film is 2001 which makes Thief look like a full-throttle action film.
24db

Post by 24db »

I don't think I've ever seen a movie by Michael Mann that I've liked....apart from the Insider which was quite good, all the others are (IMHO) all surface and have little or no emotion. Well shot and well edited though