BOOSTER Vol.II

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

any news on the shipping of this item EB?
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

24db wrote:any news on the shipping of this item EB?
Hi 24db,
Shipment already started - just sent out a big batch today!
The rest depends on British Royal Mail - let's hope the best! :-)

Regards,
EINSTEIN'S BARBER (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Excellent news EB :D

Now I just need to put my trust in Posten Norge to manage the rest :shock: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Excellent news EB :D Lets hope the Royal Mail can serve us well this time :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

epsilon75 wrote:Excellent news EB :D Lets hope the Royal Mail can serve us well this time :)
Can't the Royal Family help with that? Must be quite boring for them sitting in their castles, looking out of the window, watching the frost or beating their hunting dogs... ;-) "Royal Mail, now delivered by the Royal Family!" would be a bestseller I suppose... :-)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Booster II has just arrived. :-)
After-Christmas releases are a much better schedule imho ... last year we've waited for weeks because the release date was before Christmas, and now look at this: Release date January 5, CD arrived here January 6. Wohoo! :D
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Michael66 wrote:Booster II has just arrived. :-)
After-Christmas releases are a much better schedule imho ... last year we've waited for weeks because the release date was before Christmas, and now look at this: Release date January 5, CD arrived here January 6. Wohoo! :D
Please,Michael can you give us your first impressions about Booster II

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
timer

Post by timer »

New Years Resolution 2010 - relocate to Germany ! :D
jacob

Post by jacob »

timer wrote:

New Years Resolution 2010 - relocate to Germany ! :D
Move to Flensburg, it's only half an hour away from where I live :wink:

I just defied all financial sense and purchased the two new releases. Cool.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
24db wrote:any news on the shipping of this item EB?
Hi 24db,
Shipment already started - just sent out a big batch today!
The rest depends on British Royal Mail - let's hope the best! :-)

Regards,
EINSTEIN'S BARBER (ADMIN)
cheers EB :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Michael66 wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Excellent news EB :D Lets hope the Royal Mail can serve us well this time :)
Can't the Royal Family help with that? Must be quite boring for them sitting in their castles, looking out of the window, watching the frost or beating their hunting dogs... ;-) "Royal Mail, now delivered by the Royal Family!" would be a bestseller I suppose... :-)
:D ROFL :D

I'll ask the Queen the next time I see her. :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Michael66 wrote:
:lol: :mrgreen: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Yes! Booster Vol. 2 arrived in cologne, too, complete with a new postcard with TD in western outfits! I didn't listen to the new compilation yet, but I will later this evening. Thank you TD, and a big thank you to the staff at Eastgate. You people do a marvellous job! :D
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

la sagesse du destin wrote:Please,Michael can you give us your first impressions about Booster II

Charles
Ok, so total playing time is 138 min 53 sec, the new tracks add up to 52 min 46 sec, that's 38 % of the total playing time. ;-)
Oracular World is 1:55 longer than on Autumn in Hiroshima, but the way this has been achieved at the 2:40 mark sounds weird to my ears. But maybe it's just me, so waiting for other people's comments on that.

My first impressions regarding the new tracks:

Cloudburst Flight 2008: Sounds like being played "live" in the studio. Bernhard Beibl masters the guitar solo admirably perfect! The electronic drums appear a bit too creaky for my taste though. Maybe I'll get used to it.

A Streetcar Named Desire: Lots of things happening here: After a slow beginning, it's Froesian guitar meets Schulzian sequencer, but framed by modern TD sounds - I think it's a track any TD fan will like. It has a fresh sound and structure and is not reminiscent of recent releases.

The Last Wave: Starts off with the sequence from "Great Barrier Reef" (on Ambient Highway Vol. 4, or Tangents CD 5), but then it slowly melts into a different, more polyrhythmic direction after a minute or so - well done!

Desert Dream (Palm Desert Version): What can I say, it's exactly "Desert T. Dream" from TD plays TD. Nothing wrong about Desert T. Dream, great track, but because it was labelled as a new version, I'm disappointed about this one.

La Boca Race: A different "morph" of "Run To Vegas" from Anthology Decades Vol. 1. Compare sequence fading in at 4:53 in the Vegas track, here it starts at 0:40. Atmospherically the music goes a bit into the "Armageddon in the Rose Garden" direction.

Tomorrow Never Knows: The rhythm faithfully reproduces the rumbling charm of the original Beatles version. Quite a spacey track. I like it.

Sunshift: Entirely new track, style is comparable to the last two tracks on OTO: Edgar showing his skills in building an atmosphere just by transposing a sequence, accompanied by familiar female voice and choir sounds.

Beyond The Cottage And The Lake: Oh this is beautiful! There's a chord progression at the start that reminded me of White Eagle, but only for a moment. What follows is a pearl of a nice, catchy tune.

So all in all, there's something here for everyone I think. :)
24db

Post by 24db »

excellent write up mate, thanks a lot