madcap's flaming duty

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: madcap's flaming duty

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
DSJR wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
hang on a minute : do you think this will be released for the 40th, wheelchaired or otherwise?.....i for one would shell out my last 29.99 for this....or am i dreaming again :?: :?:
PLEASE, NO MORE. My overdraft is creaking enough as it is...

Got MFD this am and am loking forward to spending some more time listening to it. So far, it's the best thing they've done in years....
It's official. I'm the only one who doesn't get this album. I should be easy to pick out at the Astoria during MFD then! :wink:
I wouldn't say that Mick, there's quite a few people who don't like it, perhaps they're just not as vocal as the rest of us. Even if you hate it, then perhaps it's less than half the gig plus encores.
Hobo

Re: madcap's flaming duty

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
DSJR wrote: PLEASE, NO MORE. My overdraft is creaking enough as it is...

Got MFD this am and am loking forward to spending some more time listening to it. So far, it's the best thing they've done in years....
It's official. I'm the only one who doesn't get this album. I should be easy to pick out at the Astoria during MFD then! :wink:
I wouldn't say that Mick, there's quite a few people who don't like it, perhaps they're just not as vocal as the rest of us. Even if you hate it, then perhaps it's less than half the gig plus encores.
I won't hate it Andy, it's TD after all and average TD is still better than most other artists. I'm just surprised how many people rate this as the best album in years.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

I think it's for two reasons:
1.It's the most consistant album for years....for me there's only a couple of average tracks, usually there's only 1 or 2 tracks I think are outstanding (apart from DM4 and Jeanne d'arc I should add), so it makes a nice change.
2.The use of vocals strangely enough. I think Chris's vocals work much much better than the usual singers that TD use, that's not to belittle their abbilities, they're all very good, but Iris is particular leaves me cold, or to be fairer to her it's not just my style. Whereas Chris's vocals are the real stand-out 'instrument' on the album, I couldn't imagine anybody else singing on MFD
Last edited by 24db on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:I think it's for two reasons:
1.It's the most consistant album for years....for me there's only a couple of average tracks, usually there's only 1 or 2 tracks I think are outstanding (apart from DM4 and Jeanne d'arc I should add), so it makes a nice change.
2.The use of vocals strangely enough. I think Chris's vocals work much much better than the usual singers that TD use, that's not belittle their abbilities, they're all very good, but Iris is particular leaves me cold, or to be fairer to her it's not just my style. Whereas Chris's vocals are the real stand-out 'instrument' on the album, I couldn't imagine anybody else singing on MFD
And also, quite often, it's the sheer excitement of a new release that sometimes can cloud ones judgement.

I thought Dalinetopia was a real stunner when I first got it. After the "newness" of it wore off, it became pretty average in my book.

At least that's how I find things to pan out on my end.

btw: Jeanne ruled when I first listened to it - still does!
Last edited by Beaubourg on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Now after listening for a few spins....Shape my sin ,one hour of madness & the very deep rthymic last track Solution to all problems are very impressive indeed. Before I heard the album Lakes of pontchtrain was an outstanding track but still is just as you listen to the album more tracks become increasingly deep in my head. have to agree Chris is outstanding on MCFD

:D :) 8) :!: :arrow: I love MCFD one of the best refreshing albums in a long time...... Let the music continue
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

2.The use of vocals strangely enough. I think Chris's vocals work much much better than the usual singers that TD use, that's not belittle their abbilities, they're all very good, but Iris is particular leaves me cold, or to be fairer to her it's not just my style. Whereas Chris's vocals are the real stand-out 'instrument' on the album, I couldn't imagine anybody else singing on MFD
Just goes to show we're all different. For me, about 75% of the album is filler.

I agree that Chris's vocal style suits the music very well, but I find it wearing after a couple of tracks. I think it will come across better in a live setting and I usually appreciate an album more after hearing it live.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:
And also, quite often, it's the sheer excitement of a new release that sometimes can cloud ones judgement.

I thought Dalinetopia was a real stunner when I first got it. After the "newness" of it wore off, it became pretty average in my book.

At least that's how I find things to pan out on my end.

btw: Jeanne ruled when I first listened to it - still does!
I totally agree, you can tend to 'gush' when you get a new album, it's one of the reasons why I re-write my reviews on my blog, from time to time.
So far MFD is brilliant and I stand by every word that I've written.
Last edited by 24db on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Still waiting. :evil:
heineu

Post by heineu »

Chris Monk wrote:Still waiting. :evil:
ordered mine DVD/CD copy now - I hope I am one of the 50 happy guys :D
timer

Post by timer »

Same here !
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Same here I am sure we will be in the top 50.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I ordered mine too. I can't wait for the DVD! :D
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

It seems the bonus track is the same as the fourth track from Metaphor.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I ordere my copy from Voiceprint two weeks ago come Monday...I was promised delivery no later than Friday past. Still nothing :evil:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I logged on to Eastgate's site just as they were adding MFD and it confused my browser (bloomin IE7, should never have changed). Got my copy ordered anyways and hope it's in the first 50...

The thing about this release as said by others is that it marks a real progression for TD and not just re-cycling old sounds and themes for ten years or more...

It seems to me at the moment that Jerome exploring his own path could be the best thing for himself AND TD, allowing both to grow with new/renewed energy. Thorsten really seems to have added something positive to the band right now...

PLEASE TD, don't overdo the vocals on future albums. One's enough for now...