Most emotional TD track?

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

In the beginning it always gives me the impression of a very busy city bussling away unaware of the deadly countdown that there is in place

i have visions of an air raid siren going off and people only noticing the sound of 1 aircraft and stand looking skyward in puzzlement as this is something different .....................then it's too late :cry:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

11:02 is the most emotional track.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Emotional and thought provoking as is the whole of the Atomic Seasons series. i for one cant wait for the final part...im sad its the final part but its got to finish, if you know what i mean. Like the series Life On Mars? Two series completed his journey as will the fifth season complete Mr H.T.'s journey.

Am i wrong in saying this is probably TD's greatest work? I think so....

I love all the music, as most of you do but the Atomic Seasons has been a real stand out moment for me.

Emotional, haunting, disturbing, loving...a piece of art in its own right!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Emotional and thought provoking as is the whole of the Atomic Seasons series. i for one cant wait for the final part...im sad its the final part but its got to finish, if you know what i mean. Like the series Life On Mars? Two series completed his journey as will the fifth season complete Mr H.T.'s journey.

I love all the music, as most of you do but the Atomic Seasons has been a real stand out moment for me.

yes agreed, and I cant wait to play all 5 in order.....what an epic :!: 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

bigmoog wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Emotional and thought provoking as is the whole of the Atomic Seasons series. i for one cant wait for the final part...im sad its the final part but its got to finish, if you know what i mean. Like the series Life On Mars? Two series completed his journey as will the fifth season complete Mr H.T.'s journey.

yes agreed, and I cant wait to play all 5 in order.....what an epic :!: 8)
I agree too : these Atomic Seasons are pure musical genius IMO...
Summer in Nagasaki is particularly impressive and haunting.
(The two atomic bombs are so well "pictured in music" that I'm scared every time I listen to it... :cry: )
Last edited by TDludo on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

i intend to have a listen of all five without interruption when i have the final part...what a night in that will be! :idea:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Marakesh wrote:11:02 is the most emotional track.
Gets me every time.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

That's a good question, really... Emotional means so many things...
I'll take it as what moves me the most but it is not always so easy...
I'd tend to mention whole albums that have only long suites like "Rubycon", "Tangram", or long pieces like "Invisible Limits", "Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares".
But now, it seems, most people on this thread are maybe more connected on the more accessible, more recent side of TD's music, which I can enjoy too, very much.

For this reason, I thought I'd mention a short list of shorter tracks that are all soft and very melodic, quite melancholy:

- The little melodic interlude in "Desert Dream" ("Encore") that Edgar rerecorded and that we can find on "Booster II", for instance.
- Loved by the Sun, sung by one of my top favourite singers, Jon Anderson on Legend's abandoned soundtrack
- another vocal track : Tyger.
- "Tiergarten" from "Le Parc"
- "White Eagle"
- "Hyperborea", the original version (I think the new one has been clearly diminished by its altered arrangement)
- "Passing All Signs" from "View From a Red Train", one of the rare songs without guitar on the record but it is so lovely and solemn, pretty much different from the rest
- OK, a long one : "Song of the Whale", especially part 2, which is never played live, for some strange reasons, while I think it is a fantastic melody and guitar solo from Edgar Froese.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Don't ask me why but i find 'Moorland' an emotional track
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Erik

Post by Erik »

i can't pinpoint it well enough, but i'd say stuff from Madcap's, the Arizona double album (mostly because of the guitar work!), and Legend. Legend is almost overwhelming at times.

the back of beyond is really something else too. the raw power of that sax is almost merciless. the way long island sunset starts is very pretty, mostly because it also invokes the sax. it's an instrument that i find very emotional to begin with. but the way that track starts is like slowly drifting into paradise, completely becalmed and without worry. all resolution has been met, and all hope has been found
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

There is only one for me ...

Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares

It may have been the time, the place ... or the "new-ness" in it all, but the soft chords passing through the aether ... I can hear Sonar'ios trashing it as simplistic synthesizer stuff without a beat! ... that is much more than music, and takes you further ... than a song ever could or would.

If there ever is a piece of music to usher me into the beyond, let it be this piece.

And thank you!
hansx

Post by hansx »

There are a lot, but the piano version of Pergamon is an astonishing track. And of course Loved by the sun is a beauty. If I was a very emotional man, than I should cry, but I am not. :)
redziller

Post by redziller »

Chris Monk wrote:
Marakesh wrote:11:02 is the most emotional track.
Gets me every time.
Ditto - pretentious as it may sound I find this quite painful to listen to, so I don't often, partly to avoid the effect being lost
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

There are so many emotional tracks... Just some examples IMO :

"11:02 AM" (of course, as already said)
"Mystery of life and death" (same reasons...)
"The last soldier" (London Eye concert)
"Beatrice, l'âme infinie" (Inferno)
"Pergamon sphere"
"Loved by the sun"
"Elf June and the midnight patrol"
"Death of a nightingale"
"Long Island sunset"
"White eagle"
etc ..............................................
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Hamlet