Books

redziller
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by redziller »

Insvims wrote:
redziller wrote:
Insvims wrote: Just make sure you read Pandora's Star first. Otherwise Judas Unchained won't make any sense. They are actually one huge book divided into two volumes (about 1000 pages each).
Took your advise and am starting on this - a kindle would be easier to handle but somehow just love holding a book.
Hope you like it.

His style gets on my tits at times but it is enjoyable. I like his description of the crater fashioned after Edinburgh with the a Castle at the centre and Princes Circle as the high street along the crater rim.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Insvims wrote:Image

Peter F. Hamilton - Judas Unchained - Commonwealth Saga 2 (Kindle Edition)

I read "Pandora's Star - Commonwealth Saga 1" some time ago. About time to dive into the second, and enormously big, volume of this fantastic sci-fi universe.
I'm a big fan of Peter F Hamilton. Must try and get a copy.
Just make sure you read Pandora's Star first. Otherwise Judas Unchained won't make any sense. They are actually one huge book divided into two volumes (about 1000 pages each).
winner that I am.

I've already got this book but it has a different cover. :roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

redziller wrote:
Insvims wrote:
redziller wrote: Took your advise and am starting on this - a kindle would be easier to handle but somehow just love holding a book.
Hope you like it.

His style gets on my tits at times but it is enjoyable. I like his description of the crater fashioned after Edinburgh with the a Castle at the centre and Princes Circle as the high street along the crater rim.
I know what you mean about his style. He does get a little wordy at times. Used to get the same thing with Tolkien. Overall I find his books rewarding.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

R. A. Salvatore - Forgotten Realms - Legend of Drizzt: Set 1 - Homeland, Exile, Sojourn
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Terry Goodkind - Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, book 1) - Kindle edition
har

Post by har »

One of the most gripping and disturbing books I have bought since I got back into reading....................

What WILL happen WHEN the oil stops.

Read this and prepare appropriately !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hansx

Post by hansx »

Did start reading this week the serie Mastermagician from W.J.Maryson.
Don't know if it is also in English, but it is a great one, you can compare it with Feist. Unfortunately he died two months ago.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I bought a book at a Yard Sale call The Cigar handbook A buyer’s guide to the world’s finest cigars.

:!: :arrow:
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Ursula Le Guin - The Earthsea Quartet

Classic!
"Sydney till I Die"
hansx

Post by hansx »

Next month the new book of my favourit writer Raymond Feist will be in the stores.
Saga van de Chaosoorlog: Het Bedreigde Koninkrijk

har

Post by har »

just finished this...............

The story of the Stone Age tribes that lived on " Doggerland " before it became the North Sea

Awesome book, can't wait for the next one Bronze Summer.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Well it's not really books but have been clearing out the garage and have found all my old model rail magazines....lovely day looking through them. I will now try to convince my wife that I need them back in the house again. :lol:
"Sydney till I Die"
Jon

Post by Jon »

Pigs Might Fly - The Inside Story Of Pink Floyd (Mark Blake, 2007)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:Pigs Might Fly - The Inside Story Of Pink Floyd (Mark Blake, 2007)
I've just bought Inside Out by Nick Mason which I really looking forward to reading.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Started reading a book last week and just couldn't get my head around it at all. Nothing seemed to make sense. Turns out it's book 11 in a 12 part set. Nothing on the cover to say this.