ASTORIA 20TH APRIL 2007

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Nice photos Mick,but that big swede head spoilt the one :roll: :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:Some images of dubious quality. Look out for a photo of The King, with The King! :wink:
Nice quality mate, actually they just need a bit of tweaking or some noise reduction at most
I could have tweaked them in Photoshop, but that would have taken some time and I wanted to get them on the forum before the next gig! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Janus

Post by Janus »

Some great pics Mick and great memories of friday night cheers :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Seemed quite full to me. Up-stairs was choca. Down stairs, where I was, was fairly well stuffed. I'm sure they could have shoved a few more in but I'm glad they didn't.
I'd go along with that. I nipped to the bar and whilst I had to bob and weave to get through, I wasn't crushed. Just the right amount!
I'd say it was 200 short...give or take a few
According to a Staff member the tickets sales amounted to 854 (ish) :shock:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:Nice photos Mick,but that big swede head spoilt the one :roll: :oops:
Colin, it was the closest I could get to having your photo taken with Edgar.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Janus wrote:Some great pics Mick and great memories of friday night cheers :D
They're not shots I'm particularly proud of Chris, but given the circumstances they came out ok. As you say, they are meant as a reminder of a great night and aren't going to be hanging on anyone's wall.
batman

Post by batman »

Janus wrote:Some great pics Mick and great memories of friday night cheers :D
I agree me too :wink:
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
onomatopoeia

Post by onomatopoeia »

First post, so hello all.

Given how infrequently TD perform in the UK and how much I enjoyed SBE two years ago I travelled up from Bristol on Friday afternoon, left my car at my parents outside London and took the train and tube to Tottenham Court Road. Not knowing any other TD fans I made my way straight to the Astoria and joined the queue at about 5.20 near the corner perhaps 100yds back from the entrance. The touts were buying rather than selling - I'm always suprised to see them in action at a TD gig in any case. Seems the venue managed to open the doors fairly promptly this time, and I was inside by about quarter past six. Decided not to buy beer after having to escape to the loo in the middle of the SBE gig and took a spot standing in the stalls a row back for a change, having been standing on the floor at the front last time.

Not having heard MFD before the first hour was all new to me. I mostly enjoyed it and in places it was very good, but not what I would call classic TD. For me the gig really got going an hour in when the vocals finished. For one thing it seemed to get louder when the first fully instrumental piece started. Said piece was unfamiliar to me, but then I only have about 50 TD CDs so I'm missing quite a few :roll: , it was great through, first time that sequencing really came to the fore.

I think my highlight of the gig was Sphinx Lighting in its reworked form. Not a track I ever expected to hear live in its entirety. Also loved what they did with the segment of Logos (Linda taking one of the melodies on a real flute - nearly as good as a Mellotron flute :P ) and Exit with Iris doing the rythym on a drum of some kind (I know nothing of percussion!) Would have liked to hear the drums and percussion a bit louder in the overall mix throughout in fact.

The encore seemed to be louder again and woohoo, White Eagle! Overall a very enjoyable evening's entertainment. Will definitely be back for the next one, whenever that may be :D
batman

Post by batman »

onomatopoeia wrote:First post, so hello all.

Given how infrequently TD perform in the UK and how much I enjoyed SBE two years ago I travelled up from Bristol on Friday afternoon, left my car at my parents outside London and took the train and tube to Tottenham Court Road. Not knowing any other TD fans I made my way straight to the Astoria and joined the queue at about 5.20 near the corner perhaps 100yds back from the entrance. The touts were buying rather than selling - I'm always suprised to see them in action at a TD gig in any case. Seems the venue managed to open the doors fairly promptly this time, and I was inside by about quarter past six. Decided not to buy beer after having to escape to the loo in the middle of the SBE gig and took a spot standing in the stalls a row back for a change, having been standing on the floor at the front last time.

Not having heard MFD before the first hour was all new to me. I mostly enjoyed it and in places it was very good, but not what I would call classic TD. For me the gig really got going an hour in when the vocals finished. For one thing it seemed to get louder when the first fully instrumental piece started. Said piece was unfamiliar to me, but then I only have about 50 TD CDs so I'm missing quite a few :roll: , it was great through, first time that sequencing really came to the fore.

I think my highlight of the gig was Sphinx Lighting in its reworked form. Not a track I ever expected to hear live in its entirety. Also loved what they did with the segment of Logos (Linda taking one of the melodies on a real flute - nearly as good as a Mellotron flute :P ) and Exit with Iris doing the rythym on a drum of some kind (I know nothing of percussion!) Would have liked to hear the drums and percussion a bit louder in the overall mix throughout in fact.

The encore seemed to be louder again and woohoo, White Eagle! Overall a very enjoyable evening's entertainment. Will definitely be back for the next one, whenever that may be :D
Welcome to the forum :wink:
was a great concert.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

onomatopoeia wrote:First post, so hello all.

welcome to the forum - i'm new as well. being a long time fan, going to the astoria prompted me to join in (my last gig was td at the ham apollo in 80), i just hope they include all (minus madcap)in the dvd.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

welcome to you both to the forum :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
Janus

Post by Janus »

Welcome chaps. Yes blinding concert on friday :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:Some images of dubious quality. Look out for a photo of The King, with The King! :wink:
Nice quality mate, actually they just need a bit of tweaking or some noise reduction at most
I could have tweaked them in Photoshop, but that would have taken some time and I wanted to get them on the forum before the next gig! :wink:
I hear that Voiceprint to a nice line in graphics editing, coming to you....sometime...er...oh it's been delayed
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: Nice quality mate, actually they just need a bit of tweaking or some noise reduction at most
I hear that Voiceprint to a nice line in graphics editing, coming to you....sometime...er...oh it's been delayed

Oh please Andy...............dont give them the idea of Voiceprint or we will NEVER bloody get it :roll: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Janus wrote:Welcome chaps. Yes blinding concert on friday :D
A warm welcome guys...........hope you keep posting here :wink: :arrow: