Rumpelstiltskin

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Rumpelstiltskin

Post by hansx »

was just listening to Rumpelstiltskin . An unusual TD cd. As far as I know hardly available. There are some nice oieces on it. But it is a nice to have cd for me. Nothing more, nothing less. Any other meanings?
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

For someone in my position, who does hear a lot of children's music and stories on cd (not so much tape) I must say, I find it outstanding that my favourite band, are not too snobbish, to make children's albums. Multiple language versions would be brilliant to spread the word, and indirectly manipulate the children to listen to TD.

As objectively as possible - and with my lacking talents in English and German - I find them good albums, too.

Kathleen Turner has a somewhat plain, deep voice, but she delivers the fairy tale with conviction. I like the fairytale, it must please feminists to see how 'evil' men are portrayed!

Jim & Pablo - Der Meteor is actually an interesting sonic journay, also for those who doesn't understand German.

A shame the sequels were abandoned. So whoever wrote the story, please finish, so we can enjoy the rest!
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

I have the album but tend to agree it's one just for the collection and little else. Unusual but different!
Ode To Granny A
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

boruncy wrote:I have the album but tend to agree it's one just for the collection and little else. Unusual but different!
The nicest thing about Rumpel is the extra tracks at the end with no words over them. Their 'word painting' is exceptional. I agree with Jacob that it is very impressive that TD were prepared to take on a project like this, and can't wait for children of my own that I could play this one to, especially if it means I don't have to listen to the Tellytubbies Christmas special whilst driving 200 miles to their Grandparents.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
hansx

Post by hansx »

billythefish wrote:
boruncy wrote:I have the album but tend to agree it's one just for the collection and little else. Unusual but different!
The nicest thing about Rumpel is the extra tracks at the end with no words over them. Their 'word painting' is exceptional. I agree with Jacob that it is very impressive that TD were prepared to take on a project like this, and can't wait for children of my own that I could play this one to, especially if it means I don't have to listen to the Tellytubbies Christmas special whilst driving 200 miles to their Grandparents.
Yeah, true. My children are 10, but cannot understand English. But who knows in a few years they can (they are still learning in school) and are they listening to this one.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

My kids always used to enjoy Rumplestiltskin, they love the story but don't ssem to notice the music. Not sure if they still enjoy it, they haven't listened to it in some time.
24db

Post by 24db »

I seem to remember that 'R' was quite good, nothing outstanding, but at least listenable
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I seem to remember that 'R' was quite good, nothing outstanding, but at least listenable
I have it here and its very listenable in the right atmosphere and setting :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

i would love this for the kids, however a worldwide ebay search has proved fruitless: on google it appears on dodgy download sites. Any ideas on where to find it? cheers.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

just purchased from ebay usa under the title RABBIT EARS TREASURY OF FABLES if anybody wants it. Unabridged and on cd. total cost with p&p £9.76.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:I seem to remember that 'R' was quite good, nothing outstanding, but at least listenable
I have it here and its very listenable in the right atmosphere and setting :arrow:
Yeah, not bad. Nice to hear Kathleen Turner as well (I saw her onstage last year....she's changed a bit to say the least)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

coldwater wrote:just purchased from ebay usa under the title RABBIT EARS TREASURY OF FABLES if anybody wants it. Unabridged and on cd. total cost with p&p £9.76.
Good price canyon :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Yeah, not bad. Nice to hear Kathleen Turner as well (I saw her onstage last year....she's changed a bit to say the least)
Attractive lady Kathleen :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: I have it here and its very listenable in the right atmosphere and setting :arrow:
Attractive lady Kathleen :wink:
indeed she is. But she also tells the story in a good way.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Very Sexy lady when she was younger
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache