01/04/2010 - opportunity for something out of the ordinary?

Rick O'Shea
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

01/04/2010 - opportunity for something out of the ordinary?

Post by Rick O'Shea »

I'm hoping that this momentous return to the Royal Albert Hall will involve something out of the ordinary or a wee bit special. While I enjoyed the Edinburgh gig in 2008, I wouldn't say it was outstanding.

An orchestra maybe?
Guest singer? (J B Smith singing 'Smile' perhaps?)
Edgar performing the piano part from Song of the Whale part 2?
More re-vamped pieces a la Kiev Mission (ie not just 'overlays')?
Guests from the past?
A LIVE performance of Ricochet?????

Well.... I can always dream....

Rick
x
tdream4ever

Re: 01/04/2010 - opportunity for something out of the ordina

Post by tdream4ever »

Rick O'Shea wrote:I'm hoping that this momentous return to the Royal Albert Hall will involve something out of the ordinary or a wee bit special. While I enjoyed the Edinburgh gig in 2008, I wouldn't say it was outstanding.

An orchestra maybe?
Guests from the past?

Rick
x
Yes Rick. I have been dreaming about this day too! To start off with 3am and go straight into an 40 minute improve. Maybe JF showing up for some DM #1-5 set. And finish off the last 1 and half hours of pure TD music. Special guest for the encore. Yes we can all dream the DREAM. :wink:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I'd be overjoyed if Iris Kulterer would sing to tracks like Tyger, Shy People, London, Bent Cold Sidewalk, Yellowstone Park, and the songs she sang on Purgatorio and Winter in Nagasaki. That would be special.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I'd be overjoyed if Iris Kulterer would sing to tracks like Tyger, Shy People, London, Bent Cold Sidewalk, Yellowstone Park, and the songs she sang on Purgatorio and Winter in Nagasaki. That would be special.
I agree, I think it would be fantastic !
"Remembering Ayumi" (Autumn in Hiroshima) is a short but magical song...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I'd be overjoyed if Iris Kulterer would sing to tracks like Tyger, Shy People, London, Bent Cold Sidewalk, Yellowstone Park, and the songs she sang on Purgatorio and Winter in Nagasaki. That would be special.
...and maybe a short percussive interlude maybe. I'd quite enjoy that.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Rick O'Shea wrote:I'm hoping that this momentous return to the Royal Albert Hall will involve something out of the ordinary or a wee bit special. While I enjoyed the Edinburgh gig in 2008, I wouldn't say it was outstanding.

An orchestra maybe?
Guests from the past?

Rick
x
Those things will NEVER happen. TD are playing very safe on their concerts... :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:

An orchestra maybe?
Guests from the past?

Rick
x
Those things will NEVER happen. TD are playing very safe on their concerts... :shock:
I still like it :)
r4man

Post by r4man »

Those things will NEVER happen. TD are playing very safe on their concerts... :shock:[/quote]

Um, not sure what this means. Did you consider live performances of Dante to be "playing it safe"?

By the way, is there some reason to think that the London show will be significantly different from the other shows on the mini-tour?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

r4man wrote:
Jon wrote:Those things will NEVER happen. TD are playing very safe on their concerts... :shock:

Um, not sure what this means. Did you consider live performances of Dante to be "playing it safe"?:
The Astoria show with Chris Hausl and TD plays EF in Eindhoven were also quite a bit different from the norm.
r4man wrote:By the way, is there some reason to think that the London show will be significantly different from the other shows on the mini-tour?
Only from what EF says in the Quietus interview:
"Our UK Show will include a lot of visual effects as well as many sounds and tunes our fans will remember. Some little surprises will go along with a real state of the art high tech performance."

...but I'd be happy with any sort of set really.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
r4man

Post by r4man »

r4man wrote:By the way, is there some reason to think that the London show will be significantly different from the other shows on the mini-tour?
Only from what EF says in the Quietus interview:
"Our UK Show will include a lot of visual effects as well as many sounds and tunes our fans will remember. Some little surprises will go along with a real state of the art high tech performance."

...but I'd be happy with any sort of set really.[/quote]

I've seen the shows seperatly referred to as the "Rocking Moon & Rolling Stars" and "Zeitgeistgeist Concert". Have I missed something? Is there a difference, or did they just come up with a new name for the shows?
hansx

Post by hansx »

Jon wrote:

An orchestra maybe?
Guests from the past?

Rick
x
Don't agree. Look to the Eindhoven concert, was that on safe?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

r4man wrote:I've seen the shows seperatly referred to as the "Rocking Moon & Rolling Stars" and "Zeitgeistgeist Concert". Have I missed something? Is there a difference, or did they just come up with a new name for the shows?
From what I've read it appears that the "Zeitgeist Concert" refers to the London concert alone, the other shows are going under the "Rocking Moon & Rolling Stars" banner.
r4man

Post by r4man »

Chris Monk wrote:
r4man wrote:I've seen the shows seperatly referred to as the "Rocking Moon & Rolling Stars" and "Zeitgeistgeist Concert". Have I missed something? Is there a difference, or did they just come up with a new name for the shows?
From what I've read it appears that the "Zeitgeist Concert" refers to the London concert alone, the other shows are going under the "Rocking Moon & Rolling Stars" banner.
That's what I thought at first, but all of the concerts are referred to as "Zeitgeist Concert" under the Concert Dates tab of the home page. Anyhow, I guess you'll find out soon enough. Since I am in San Francisco and unable to attend, I guess I'll rely on you and the other good members of this forum for the info on how it all turned out.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

r4man wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
That's what I thought at first, but all of the concerts are referred to as "Zeitgeist Concert" under the Concert Dates tab of the home page. Anyhow, I guess you'll find out soon enough. Since I am in San Francisco and unable to attend, I guess I'll rely on you and the other good members of this forum for the info on how it all turned out.
I'll definitely post my thoughts on the show but it won't be until after my holiday. We fly out 2nd April for a two week break. However I'm sure there will be plenty of other reports from forum members.
24db

Post by 24db »

my thoughts will be recorded elsewhere